Thu, Sep 19, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Morphing Clothes by Dimension3D - users review it for me?

JQP ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 2:17 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

How extensively have you used it?  How well does it work?  How stable is it?  What problems have you had?  How happy are you with the purchase? 

I notice the product page says that it's intended for injecting a figure's morphs into clothing for that figure.  How does it work for injecting a figure's morphs into clothing converted to that figure with WW or XD?

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 2:35 PM

Hi!

I use it all the time and it works great, its fast like ligthning when transfering morphs.
I have only transfered full body morphs.
Dont think it will be a problem with converted clothes but I have not tried that yet.
This product is a must have in my opinion.

Regards / Jonny

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 3:19 PM

Looks very interesting. The eye one does too, but I'm strapped for cash atm :)

Silke

LadyMari ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 3:26 PM · edited Sat, 19 July 2008 at 3:29 PM

It is a fantastic product!  I highly recommend it.  Well worth the money. 

I like to morph my own figures and often times find clothing lacking in some, if not all, of the morphs I like to use.  I am able to quickly solve that issue with this little utility.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 5:15 PM

When is someone going to make a Mac version then? I want it too.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 8:06 PM

It works great! I've created custom morphs and it works on those as well - and yes - it works on clothes converted with WW too!

~ Meow ~

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 8:18 PM

If Dimension3D were to talk to me, I'd be happy to provide the basics for a MacOS version (maybe a system since the build environment is free - Xcode).  Can't really direct him in the development phase as I'm only skirting the edges of OS-specific development with my SDK plugin.  But I'll state that porting software from one OS to another is usually not a simple affair to accomplish.  There are always issues with filesystems and GUI differences and such.

I haven't used his Morphing Clothes myself yet (but have purchased it) but his previous work has always been well executed and user-friendly so I suspect that this is of that quality.  The other thing is that he is open to suggestions and very quick to respond to issues and user inquiries.  That alone makes for a good review.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

grichter ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 10:34 PM

I use it on my intel mac under parellels running winXp. plus his skin 2 and his sexy legs. His stuff is fantastic. Well documented, easy to use. I actually launch it on the mac side where I keep the exe and it runs basically like a mac app, with the just windows task bar across the bottom, just above the dock. Just have to set up a shared folder from windows, back to your mac. Once you do that you work right in any mac based runtime with ease.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2008 at 12:48 PM · edited Tue, 22 July 2008 at 12:52 PM

Given the task of correlating the vertices of dissimilar meshes for morph transfer (which I am intimately familiar with), I can say that his app is as good, if not better than the other apps currently available for this purpose.  As others have mentioned, it's also extremely fast and relatively simple to set up.

If you are trying to get morphs into extremely tight-fitting clothing (like a body-stocking or stockings), then some of the morphs will likely need some adjusting (inevitable without some additional processing, due to differences in mesh topologies), but many work straight out of the process and a few magnets can fix any poke-through on the others* - it's a huge time-saver, either way.  For looser-fitting clothing, it works great.

Well worth the price, IMO.

[*there's a big difference between creating an entire morph from scratch using magnets and "just fixing a few poke-throughs in a mostly complete/workable morph"]

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

cspear ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2008 at 1:01 PM

I concur: not 100% perfect but will cope with 99% of what you throw at it.

A must have.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2008 at 3:37 PM

A wonderful product! Using it and a realitively few hand tweaks you can transfer almost any morph (including Joint Controled Morphs! You just need to edit the Cr2 once they are converted). I find it best to tranfer the morphs, test them then as needed, save out a Morphed version of the figure and tweak it by hand in a modeling program (Carrara by Daz is a good one as is Argile by N-Sided for the lower priced programs, or, if you have them or have the money, Mudbox or Z-Brush) for the final touches.

RobbyBobby ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 6:37 AM · edited Fri, 25 July 2008 at 6:37 AM

I've even used it to convert morphs from Capsces Hittoro to Littlefox/Capsces Micah...and also into clothing converted from M3 to H3 (or vice-versa) using WW2.

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2008 at 1:40 PM

I need him to do a sale!
Gawd.
He has too many I want!

Silke

Mystique- ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 7:28 AM

I still do have a question though.I really like this program but what I don't understand is: when I built in the bodybuilder morph for example in a dress I am working on and I set the dial to 1 I get some slight pokethroughs:(:(

is there anyway to fix these small problems? cause I already tried several settings but I just can't get rid of these small pokethroughs

any help is very very much appreciated

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 8:01 AM

Mystique,

Since this program, (I assume) is like most converstion programs and uses mathimatical calculations to extropolate the movement of points in a morph it;s bound to have some slight errors, altho I must say it's VERY good at what it does. I find that for fine detail some corrections need to made in most clothing either for appearance or to fix "variables" that the math couldn;t handle.

The best suggestion, if you don'h have or don't know how o use a 3D program to make the corrections, is to learn to use the "Morph Tool" built into poser. It'a actually a very powerful tool for making minor to intermediate corrections in clothing and the great thing is those corrections can be SAVE as new morphs so you only have to make them once! I'm not saying it's easy all of the time but the fact that the morphs can be saved in to the clothing and used for corrections in similar situations in the future is a real help.

PS, I just noticed that D3D has sent a notice out of another update to the program. THat's another plus in that he really does support his software, rather than make it and sell it and forget it.

Mystique- ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 8:09 AM

well I use Cinema4d for modeling clothes but I have no idea how to make those changes then??

what If I built in the bodybuilder morph with d3d's morphingclothes program and I still see some pokethroughs? how do i fix that with a 3d program?

maybe some dumb questions from me but i still need to learn a lot:)))

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 9:22 AM

Well, with a 3d program, if you notice an area of poke thru on a morph you'd need to exprot the morphed object and  use a soft select mode to select and adjust those area where there is poke thru. THen you can use the "fixed" object as a new Bodybuilder morph for your clothing.

If you use the Morph tool in poser you basically select the areas of poe thru and "pull" or "push" it until the poke thru is fixed the morph tool has soft select and sizing options too. If you selected make new morph when you started the morph tool it will automatically create custom morphs in the clothing so you just save the clothing with the new morphs in it (change the name if you want0 and they will be there the next time you open it.

I;d suggest checking out some of the clothing creation tutorial, the techniques used to create clothing are about the same as needed to fix adjust morphs.

Mystique- ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 11:50 AM

thanx for the explanation:) this is really helpful.

but.............. I suddenly seem to have another problem,I am about to pull my hair out.
I made all the necessary morphs today in my dress and it worked fine when loading.
after that I was doing something else and when I wanted to start working on that dress again it suddenly doesn't load anymore in poser;(((((((( and poser shuts down.
I am going nutssssssssssss here

alizea ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2008 at 1:43 AM

I don't have it myself but I saw something done with it - for GND4 it's not good at all -because GND4's  morph is made also by moving vertically the mesh .But I'm sure that it would be perfect for any other more "standard " morph , as Pretty IV , where the mesh has been moved horizontally . If you want to know for a particular character , just put a second skin texture on it ( or even the "purple bikini" of V4's default texture ) . If the texture is not deformed , then the conversion will work very well ,it's very fast and reliable .

Alice's and GND4's Tailor !
Check my free clothing fits : www.alizea3d.com

chriscox ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2008 at 10:57 AM

Quote - thanx for the explanation:) this is really helpful.

but.............. I suddenly seem to have another problem,I am about to pull my hair out.
I made all the necessary morphs today in my dress and it worked fine when loading.
after that I was doing something else and when I wanted to start working on that dress again it suddenly doesn't load anymore in poser;(((((((( and poser shuts down.
I am going nutssssssssssss here

I get that too when I try to load a conforming figure that had morphs added with Enable Cross Talk selected but there is no other figure already in the scene.  My fix is to not enable cross talk (either that or just remember to load a figure before loading the conformer)
I have not downloaded any of the patches so I don't know if that is fixed or not yet.t

Chris Cox

Mystique- ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2008 at 12:57 PM

that's the odd part.I didn't had that problem with the first version but now with the updated version I do.

I will try right away to see if unchecking that option will work for me also:)

thanx for the tip;-))))))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.