Sat, Sep 21, 3:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Poser exits randomly

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 2:02 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:09 PM

This is a problem I've been having for some time. I load a V4 figure, or even Poser's own Kate, and when I try to do something, Poser closes. No error messages, warnings, it just shuts down. I've reinstalled it, installed the content from scratch, nothing seems to work.

Machine specs:

XP with SP3
2GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
Intel Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz CPU

I have disabled External Binary Morph Targets, updated to SR3. Still crashes.

My DA Gallery

ashley9803 ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 4:29 AM

It's very annoying when things like this happen out of the blue.
My specs are about the same as yours and I had a freezing problem happen a few weeks ago.
Maybe a long shot, but try turning off open GL.
As I said, a long shot, but worth a try.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 6:52 AM

Don't feel bad as this has happened to me ever since I installed the latest driver for my graphics card. I still think it's an OpenGL bug in the Nvidia drivers and has been this way since in the latest version of the drivers.

I found that using the SreeD setting and not the openGL setting seems to fix the random crashes.

AMD 64x2 3800 Dual-core
4 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
WinXP

My Facebook Page

Rondino ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 3:15 PM

Yes I have the same problem.  It really makes the program unusable.  I will try turning off open GL.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 7:54 PM

I have the same problem

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 8:36 PM

Yuppers! 😄
I found if I always opened with Simon onstage I am usually safe.

Comitted to excellence through art.

Plutom ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 9:27 PM

Yepper, same with Carrara, and Vue, ye olde one nanosecond disappearing act.  When that happens , I d o the old routine, cleansweep my hard drive, shut down the computer, get coffee, kick the cats and fire it up again.  Jan

dante ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 11:12 AM

Yeah this is happening to me too, but it's not so serious...but I can't use V4, it happens a lot with her...I read somewhere that it could be the threading feature to speed up rendering with dual core chips...Well I'll keep an eye in this thread.
It's very annoying indeed.

JHoagland ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 4:13 PM

This happens to me too, when using Poser 7 and PoserPro.
When I use Poser 6, I never get this issue. I've sometimes had Poser 6 open for an entire day, making all kinds of renders and it works fine.
But, if I use PoserPro for more than an hour (or less), I hit this "bug" and Poser disappears like the original poster said: no error message, no "Do you want to report this crash to Microsoft", just nothing.

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

dante ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 8:48 PM

Ok...I opened  a recently saved scene. Added a poser 5 male figure, posed it and then a poser 5 female figure. While working on changing the material colors poser shutt itself down twice.
Opened poser again changed "Display > Preview Drawing > OpenGlHardware" to "Display > Preview Drawing >  SreeDSoftware.
I went through the same previous moves and poser didn't hang on me again. So far I haven't experienced that behaviour again...was that it?
Let's wait and see, since the problem seems to happen quite randomly.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2008 at 7:09 AM

this happens to me with poser on my mac too since poser pro.  It is only occasional though.  But just now it was very very annoying because I had just put together a really nice scene, imported a background pic and I ca't remember if I hit render, but then it exited without warning.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2008 at 7:47 AM

Since this has been going on I save every little change I make in the scenes I am working on. I also save more than one copy of the PZ3 file as well in another folder just in case. The closing to desktop is a random issue but indeed annoying. I have not found the cause or even have a clue as to why this happens.

My Facebook Page

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2008 at 1:04 PM

I had this same problem... it (so far) seems to have disapeared when I installed the Poser 7 SR3 update.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2008 at 1:10 PM

This happens to me when Poser is first run, when I load any character or existing scene.  It might shut down two or three times in a row, then will run without a hitch.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.