Thu, Oct 3, 5:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: The Flying Scotsman Project

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 5:04 PM · edited Wed, 16 July 2008 at 5:04 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi, Ray! nice to see you around.

I'm busy clearing my backlog of work and I hope to resume modelling next week. Had some RL projects that have taken up a lot of my time and of course being a Coord here can really eat into your time too. I've set myself a deadline of the beginning of November as a completion date and it won't take a Sherlock to figure out why.
Watch this space!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 5:09 PM

thanx, its good to be around every now and then! I've been on holiday 2.5 weeks so i've missed a TON of new stuff around here... lol
I'll be watchin for sure :-)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 5:48 PM

I know you're a bit under the weather, hope you spend any spare moments doing personal Art.......LIKE TRAINS!!  LOL, Hope you're feeling better.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2008 at 1:27 PM
Forum Moderator

Back on the horse now. This is part of the handbrake operating mechanism...I think. Thanks for looking and all your support.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2008 at 2:12 PM

woot! finally another update :D lookin good :) hope to see more soon ;)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2008 at 2:20 PM

Great modeling Chris and the texturing as always, rocks.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 8:17 AM

About time LOL looking good

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

jrcejaspulido ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 2:59 PM

I must say that I'm very impressed by your "epic" byce modelling project. It´s really a fantastic work. And it´s sure you have the patiente of Job ;-)

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 3:56 PM
Forum Moderator

Thankyou for the generous comments. C&Cs welcome as always. Here's the next wip. Just an hour today. Hopefully more tomorrow.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 4:08 PM

Your getting there slowly but surely...  You are amazing in making those shapes,,  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 4:21 AM

is it me or are you putting in ever more detail? awesome work :D

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 9:21 AM

Lotsa details in a loco-motive...and I ain't talkin bout the Cardinal....LOL.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 9:33 AM
Forum Moderator

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 9:34 AM

yup... i was right haha. even more detail :P keep up the good work :D

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 9:19 PM

tagging back on to follow this. (I'm hooked!)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 11:49 AM
Forum Moderator

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 12:19 PM

theres even text on it ... damn.. lol

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 1:52 PM · edited Fri, 01 August 2008 at 1:52 PM
Forum Moderator

Betcha can't see what is sez!

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 2:37 PM

TBRULES

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 2:58 PM
Forum Moderator

:lol:

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 4:34 PM

Dont underestimate ;-) RRRULES2

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 5:13 PM
Forum Moderator

Not sure what's going on here. I think these parts are somekind of 'dead-man's hand' device, but the ref shots don't give me much to go on.

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 5:29 PM

i wouldnt know either
but u seem to have spelled rrrules wrong :P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 6:27 PM
Forum Moderator

*but u seem to have spelled rrrules wrong :P

*????

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 9:35 AM · edited Tue, 05 August 2008 at 9:36 AM
Forum Moderator

Handbrake mechanism inplace ready for pipework and mounting block adjustments.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 9:54 AM

Quote - *but u seem to have spelled rrrules wrong :P

*????

TBRULES should be RRRULES (RayRazRules)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 9:55 AM

wow that cabin is starting to look really nice :D

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 5:21 PM · edited Tue, 05 August 2008 at 5:22 PM
Forum Moderator

That's the handbrake mounting block more or less in place now. I'll probably start the throttle mechanism tomorrow. Still quite a bit to do, but I can see the cab being finished quite soon. Then it'll be the huge task of mounting it on to the back of the loco itself and mating the two. Thanks for looking. And in case you've just spotted this thread.....everything is pure Bryce.

50parsecs ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 5:46 PM

Ahem...with a little help from Spacebones.

johnyf ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 5:49 PM

Looking very good!

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 10:11 PM

looking great...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 10:38 AM
Forum Moderator

*Ahem...with a little help from Spacebones.

*@50parsecs; Yes, you are quite right. But the spacebones stuff was already installed in my Bryce directory before this project started.

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 3:25 PM

Nice!

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2008 at 10:08 PM

Glad to see you back at this mega-project.  It is looking really super.

Hi, Angie

Ang25 ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 5:38 PM

Hi Willie

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2008 at 3:35 PM · edited Sun, 17 August 2008 at 3:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Time to punch a hole in the roof.... Actually there's more to it that that. Everytime I've tried to apply a mat to the upper surface the whole Cab.BR6 file has corrupted. Therefore this will also be an experiment in solving that problem. An even bigger problem will be joining the cab to the loco proper. The loco.Br6 file is around 200mb, whereas the cab is about 167mb and getting bigger all the time..

dhama ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2008 at 4:16 PM

Try 'adding' the mat in a different slot and then applying it. I had a similar problem and that seemed to fix it.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2008 at 5:00 PM
Forum Moderator

Sounds interesting, Dhama! Thanks!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2008 at 5:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2008 at 7:43 PM

does that mean its fixed now? :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 8:13 AM
Forum Moderator

@Ray   is what fixed?

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 9:44 AM
Forum Moderator

Just messing with materials...

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 10:06 AM

Quote - @Ray   is what fixed?

If this is fixed:

Quote - Everytime I've tried to apply a mat to the upper surface the whole Cab.BR6 file has corrupted. Therefore this will also be an experiment in solving that problem.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 12:00 PM
Forum Moderator

Oh ok! I won't know until I use this roof...swap this roof for the one on the cab.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 3:18 PM
Forum Moderator

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2008 at 8:44 AM

ooh ok, nice texture :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2008 at 4:31 PM · edited Tue, 19 August 2008 at 4:32 PM
Forum Moderator

I'm happy with the .mats now, but the sliding roof is too small and needs some more work. I don't have any really good ref shots of this so it all a bit impro. Click for the big pic. C&Cs welcome as always.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2008 at 11:43 AM

file_412244.JPG

If i look at this photo, the opening of the roof should be relatively flat, and just about as wide as the hump on the middle of the boiler, maybe a little less.  I'd say it needs to be roughly 1.3 times as wide and 0.8 times as deep?

There also seem to be either openings or ridges behind the sliding roof on either side at the back of the roof as can be seen in the pic attached

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2008 at 12:59 PM · edited Wed, 20 August 2008 at 1:00 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks, Ray! Awesome  photo. I've not seen that one before. I really appreciate your kind efforts.

I'm sure you're right about the proportions. But the little details escape me.

Please remember that this pic is circa 1936 or slightly later. My version is present day - more or less - and many changes have taken place since 4472 was constructed.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2008 at 3:10 PM

glad I could supply you with new reference imagery :) and yea i noticed there are many difference between various images around. I havent been able to find one yet that reveals the details.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.