Wed, Sep 18, 1:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Should I buy Poser Pro?

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2008 at 7:27 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

I have to decide before the end of the month to get the special price. I went to the website and tried to see what Pro does that Poser 7 doesn't. But I'm still not sure. I know it talks about 64 bit. Does that mean you can't use it on a 32 bit machine? And what other features does it have? I know that renders are suppose ot be faster.

Thanks.

LadyMari ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2008 at 7:59 PM

I believe the special actually ended on July 31st. 

Fazzel ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 3:11 AM · edited Mon, 11 August 2008 at 3:19 AM

Quote - I have to decide before the end of the month to get the special price. I went to the website and tried to see what Pro does that Poser 7 doesn't. But I'm still not sure. I know it talks about 64 bit. Does that mean you can't use it on a 32 bit machine? And what other features does it have? I know that renders are suppose ot be faster.

It will work on both 32 and 64 bit machines.  Plus is will do network renders with
something called a queue manager.  You have to install queue the manager program
on your other machines. And you can export figures to other programs like Maya
and Cinema 4D.  If you already have Poser 7 and don't plan on using this,
there is no reason to buy it..

Quote - I believe the special actually ended on July 31st. 

It's been extended to August 31st.

jfbeute ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 5:16 AM

The (very) simple answer is:
If you are using a 32 bit Operating System and you don't combine Poser with one of the other applications that P7P interfaces with, DON'T buy P7P (you will have no extra features).
If you do combine Poser with other applications but do so on a 64 bit OS, DON'T buy P7P (the interfaces only work on 32 bit versions of the programs).
If you do not have the possibility to use the special upgrade prices, DON'T buy P7P (it's just too expensive).

If you are using just Poser on a 64 bit OS and you can use the special price, you may consider it as it does offer some features that might be useful. The 64 bit rendering capabilities (only when you are using a 64 bit OS), the Queue Manager (only on powerful machines) are improvements for people using just Poser for for large and complex renders.

If you are combining Poser with other programs, you may consider buying P7P but the interface has it's problems and most people have used other means of interfacing with better results.

So to answer your question: NO, unless you are using a 64 bit OS, are using just Poser, are rendering large and complex scenes, can afford to price, and want to be on the latest version.

LadyMari ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 6:04 AM

I wondered if it had been extended.  And although I thought about jumping on the bandwagon myself, I think I'll stick to Poser 7.

Amaranth ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 8:51 AM

Thanks for the info that's what i needed to know too :)

Amaranth3D

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 8:54 AM

*If you are using a 32 bit Operating System and you don't combine Poser with one of the other applications that P7P interfaces with, DON'T buy P7P (you will have no extra features).

incorrect. you will have the improvements to the material room, network rendering and the new content plus the improvements to Firefly. these 'extra features' are not 64 / external app only.*

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 9:11 AM

Khai is completely right about this. I'm using Poser Pro and do enjoy all the improvements that were lacking in P7. I also need to add that Poser Pro has improvement memory usage compared to P7, rendering larger scenes is much more stable and als faster on PP then it is on P7.

If it's worth it or not only really you can decide. It's a though choice.  Going from P6 to PP is all worth it, going from P7 to PP is debateble.

As for the new content, you may want to check that out, I haven't even touched it, to me at the moment, it's completely worthless, since it's not geared at my primary usage of Poser, I really wished they would have added some new decent content instead.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.