Tue, Oct 1, 5:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Lens Fare

leezace ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 9:14 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:28 PM

Hi all, this is probably a stupid question but i am still new to poser. I see from time to time people using a lens flare effect in the renders which looks very impressive and was wondering how they aquire this effect ?

Thanks for any help,

Vale.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 9:24 AM · edited Sat, 16 August 2008 at 9:24 AM

hi Vale

Can you post a link to one of the images you are thinking of? 

The reason I ask is that Photoshop has a lens flare action which is usually quite recognisable, and possibly it's that one you have seen.

Izi

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Reisormocap ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 11:51 AM

The easiest way to do this is post-processing as IsaoShi has alluded to. Photoshop comes with three default lens flares.

Some 3D programs also  incorporate lens flares into their light settings, so that if a light is pointed at a camera, it will cause a flare. Lightwave is one such example. Poser, unfortunately does not have a built-in lens flare function.

My personal choice for lens flares is the Knoll Light Factory plugin for Adobe After Effects. This gives a lot of customization for lens flares but it is rather pricey.

Posermocap - Motion Capture animations for Poser and Daz3D.

leezace ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 12:17 PM

Hi and thank you for your answers, a link to a pic a saw is here

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1729635

And i dont have photoshop, i only have Paintshop Pro 6

Any ideas,

Cheers, Vale.

leezace ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 12:25 PM

If i were to buy Photoshop which version sholud i get as i will only use it for post work with poser.

Thanks again for any help,

Vale.

Daidalos ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 12:34 PM

Hi Leezace,

Just so you know.  There are some lens flare props for Poser out there too.

You might look in the marketplace here for them. Just do a search for "special fx"  etc....

There was also at one time a freebie lens flare tutorial in the freestuff here too.

Again this might be cheaper than buying Photoshop for you.

Yours,

Daidalos

"The Blood is the life!"

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 12:37 PM · edited Sat, 16 August 2008 at 12:39 PM

I would recommend Photoshop Elements 6, which I use both at home and at work (for website graphics work, etc.). It costs around £60 in the UK. It can do all the Poser postwork you would ever need to do, and much more besides.

If you want to try a free 'equivalent' to Photoshop, there is The Gimp. I don't know it so I can't recommend it.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Replicant ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 2:11 PM · edited Sat, 16 August 2008 at 2:25 PM

I often add Lens Flare to my renders during postwork. I hate Photoshop's defaults though.
I use Photoshop 7 with Kai's Power Tools 6 plugin to do mine.
The KPT 6 lensflare allows me to do anything I need. Great choice of lens focal length. Infinitely scaleable in size and light intensity. Any colour. No halo, no rays. Full halo, my choice on number and rotation of rays.... anything.
And as a bonus KPT 6 includes Kai's Goo which I use a LOT for things like bending candle flames. (With lens flares brghtening them up.)

NUDITY WARNING: This image uses three lensflares, One with red halo and rays on the staff tip and two white point lights on the Dragonthorns fingers. (And the candles have been Goo'ed.)

www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2008 at 9:32 PM · edited Sun, 17 August 2008 at 9:39 PM
Site Admin

First...the only stupid question is the one never asked

second there is a filter available for psp (works with 6)  called Axion flare effects. It works great and has lots of different effects.

I'll post the sight if I find it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.