Sat, Oct 5, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: V4 Elite Marie texture seams

IsaoShi ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 3:38 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:30 AM

file_412346.jpg

I'm sure I've seen a thread about this, but I just can't find it now.

Can anyone tell me the reason for,  and/or the correct way to get rid of, these awful seams on my V4 Elite Marie renders? This image is with the main camera, with horrible seams practically all over but mainly around her head neck and shoulders....

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

IsaoShi ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 3:40 PM

file_412347.jpg

... and this one is with the face camera. The seam in front of her ear is still visible...

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 3:50 PM

You can try turning Min Shading Rate way down, as it has an impact on texture clarity.  Or the texture may just be flawed right there, I don't have it and couldn't say.

My Freebies

stallion ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 3:56 PM

are these rendered images or is this the preview, view.

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

IsaoShi ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 4:03 PM

Thanks for replies.. those images are renders. I tried turning min. shading rate down and it made no difference at all, so I didn't bother trying a further reduction.

Perhaps it's no wonder they're giving this one away.
Now that's completely out of character... see what this is doing to me?

originalkitten ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 6:47 PM

what render settings are you using?

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 6:57 PM

They are not giving her away. She is a free bonus to those that bought the Elite bundle. everyone else pays.

I thought that should be made clear incase someone reads this thread and thinks they need to hurry to Daz for a freebie.

It's there for me inpreview but I just did a render with quality turned to none, min.rate at 0. the seem is slightly still there so you are correctt. You have to look real close but it's there.

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 7:10 PM

I was hoping to see a few renders before I commited..

I purchased another Elite skin and was kinda surprised at the seams, shadows, specular  and a big blackout between the buttocks. A bit behind on the skin tech.
The promos of Marie are excellent and really got my attention.

Got a shader to put on her?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 8:26 PM

How did they get away with selling her with any seams showing at all? The testers always jump om it if even one eensy seam shows between the fingers on my textures. LOL.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Dimension3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 9:15 PM

I made a few test renders with Marie in P7, and I only get visible seams when texture filtering is set to quality (which is the default) and when I use low quality render settings. With a shading rate of 0.5 and 4 pixel samples, I had no seams, even with texture filtering on. With texture filtering set to none, I get no seams even for quick render settings.

Dimension 3D - Poser Tools, Poser Props and Morphs, Cinema 4D Plugins, and more

Renderosity Store / D3D Web Site

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 9:54 PM

Sometimes Poser renders will do that.

Might not be any seams in the actual product maps but Poser will make it look that way at times,
And even add odd little bits of dark spots to it...ugh.

I've been Elite out hoping to get some spare change to buy it.
The morphs look great.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2008 at 11:23 PM

file_412369.jpg

Demension 3D, that is exactly what I did and I did still get a faint seam on the front of the ear. You have to look very closely but it is there.

I will render it again but with a close-up of the ear so it will be large enough to see what I mean.

Tah de da da, just waiting for the render to finish, la la tea da, still waiting.

There you go, it is very faint but I can see it. You would not notice it in a normal render but if someone does a big print version it may show more.

i'm not going to freak about it but I really wish Daz would take a bit more care with this poser problem.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 12:01 AM

There's a ton of renders of her on DAZ Commons: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=1398157#1398157
I just got her, didn't get a chance to use her yet.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 1:28 AM

Yeah, have you notice most of them look like plastic or vinyl skin? And I guarantee that none of them would look for a seam.

All said, For what I would use it for, it will not be noticed. I also would not be using those make-up maps. What a strange color scheme. Not your normal everyday look. The clean map is good to add to if you need it.

heli232 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 1:46 AM

Take a look at the answers I got when asking the same question some time ago:[

www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3279702&ebot_calc_page#message_3279702)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 2:06 AM

I think the only answer there that may be close to the truth is the bleeding of the seams. Otherwise nothing there that we have not already said and done here in this thread.

My original post was to show that there is no seam when rendered with the right settings, to my amazment, I had to change that to yes the seam does show even after rendering with proper settings.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 6:17 AM · edited Fri, 22 August 2008 at 6:18 AM

A big THANK YOU mwwwwaaahhh to everyone who's responded!

I'm at work right now -- I'll test and post again when I get home this evening.

Dimension3D ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 8:30 AM

Tashar69, this faint seam may be due to the texture and not due to Poser, one would have to try the same render with other texture maps to be sure. The Marie texture often has a small somewhat brighter seam where it blends to the safety area around the UV region.

Anyway, if I look at the transition between the highly detailed face texture and the lesser detailed neck texture above and below the ear in your render, the hardly visible seam at the ear would not be my main concern if I would need that level of detail in a render.

Dimension 3D - Poser Tools, Poser Props and Morphs, Cinema 4D Plugins, and more

Renderosity Store / D3D Web Site

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 5:01 PM · edited Fri, 22 August 2008 at 5:02 PM

No, it's not Poser but it is. You see if it does not do it in DS, don't know, just guessing as I have not heard a DS user ask about it. But does in Poser, it's kind of a catch 22.  Daz could have bleed the seams a few more pixels so it didn't do it in Poser but it works in DS so why should they. ( insert a shoulder shrug here) It also depends on the light used. I use one pure white light to do tests, that usually shows these flaws where as other lighting not so much.

As for the detail difference between the the head and neck, you noticed that too did ya. LOL.

I don't need that detail as I said earlier in my posts, I was only confirming the seam so someone didn't think it was just them.

gomcse ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 2:52 PM

I get the seams when I render with the quality settings too low. All of my finished renders are with settings of 0 or .1 min shade rate and pixel samples set to no less than 14. 

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 12:33 AM

I always render at 0 except for quick and dirty tests. My test of this texture were at 0.

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 2:38 AM

I've been getting seams with Elite in certain poses. (Unfortunately, with Amy, which is about my fave texture.) And that's in Daz Studio, as I don't have Poser yet (Poser Pro is on the way). :( 

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.