Tue, Oct 22, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Curious

dragon3d ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 9:49 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:31 AM

Hi Everyone, Iv'e been playing around with poser for about 4 years now. I'm not a graphic artist,nor do I claim to be. Matter of fact I am a service man in a furniture store.I have been on renderousity for quite some time and I just love the talent that I see here. It's what inspired me to start getting more involved with graphic art. The thing I'm curious about is the age range of the people here. I turned 55 in April (old as dirt). Anyone here close or am I the Grandfather in the group...LOL.

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 10:07 AM

well, I get 45 this year!Im on poser and bryce since about one year.Im engineer in a foundry and never before had anything to do with art.My first pics were very poor ( when I see what some people do here, I still feel very poor). But the more you see the more you learn and you slowly get the view for good pics.And I learned to see the world with different eyes.

WarriorDL ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 10:22 AM

I'm old enough to not want to reveal my age L I will, however, say that I had a daughter graduate high school and a son graduate 8th grade this year.

mocap ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 10:45 AM

I am 37 Mocap

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:04 AM

47 here, and I'm old enough that I don't care if people know how old I am....lol Marque

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:34 AM

OK, I'll confess, I'm 51 and a word processing operator for my county mental health services office. I've been Posering for about four or five years and Brycing for about that long, too. It looks like there are a lot of Baby Boomers here. Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:38 AM

Oh, and I do know a friend in her 70's who is heavily into Poser, but I'm not sure if she visits these forums much. Melanie

rain ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:45 AM

I'll tell LOL. I'm 54. I think a lot of us around this age. Claire

dragon3d ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:55 AM

I have to admit I am amazed at the number of older...er...no...MATURE folks here on renderousity. I don't know why but I thought the majority were 30 and under. It's great to know that at least many are in my age group. I feel better about asking questions and maybe even uploading to the free area (once I create something good enough). I thank you all for the reply and I think you are all a fantastic group of people as well as you are artists.

visque ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 12:13 PM

42 and still playing with virtual dolls... A sad statement for my age and gender.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 12:20 PM

Ok, I'll be 47 in August (so that makes me 46+, right?). I'm not an artis either, I'm a stay at home housewife type. virtual paper dolls, gotta love 'em. grin Kate (a.k.a. She Who Must Not Be Annoyed Because She Knows Which Leftovers In The Fridge Are Still Edible)

dwilmes ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 12:24 PM

Yet another Boomer here. 52. I think. (Kate, love that a.k.a.!) Dan http://www.neca.com/~dwilmes/cr2edit.html Sorry Win only for software http://www.zenwareonline.com for ZenPaint, ZenTile, ZenGrid and VueMaster

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 12:26 PM

Age? ummm??? I helped Noah moor his boat :)
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Foxhollow ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 12:29 PM

Surprise, surprise....we're ALL old farts...ehheh I tie with high man....

iancollins ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 12:57 PM

oh dear.. I hit the big 60 this year.. which makes me (so far) the oldest fart. :) ..... and I thought you were all a bunch of kids....... Ian

JoeBlack ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 1:01 PM

I'm 24 - and I feel like 13! :) Age is irrelevant. JoeBlack

steveshanks ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 1:05 PM

about 9 LOL but my body is 39 :o)......Steve

iancollins ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 1:13 PM

JoeBlack, Trust me.......... when you get close to 60, age IS relevant :) Ian

yellowmello ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 1:18 PM

One of my good frends told me about bryce and poser 3 years ago. He is 54 and knows more about computer art than any one I have meet to date.

DocMatter ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 1:37 PM

This old fart is about 300 (but thats in dog years). :-P

Remco45 ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 1:40 PM

I'm 17 and I have poser for a year now. I call myself Remco 45 'cause I like that name Remco45

Butch ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 2:06 PM

Are you talking about age in years, emotionally, or maturity? I am on the downhill side of 42 years old.

bushi ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 2:06 PM

I turned 50 in April. Still young enough to get in trouble but old enough to know better. ;-)

veamon ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 2:21 PM

im 21, hopin to gradyate 2002, maybe do some computer animation or graphics hopefully (tryin to learn poser and get some good pics).

thip ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 2:24 PM

I'll tell you - the young haven't the persistence, the discipline and the experienced esthetics to do art, digital or otherwise. And if you're as old as I am, you'll believe it ;-)

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 2:28 PM
Site Admin

let's see? how many lives DO count on this score?? VL grin More than 2500 years old I gather, since I must have been a mermaid once for sure (too darn obsessed with underwater not to have been) and being a VL for how many centuries GOD only knows... yet,on my passport it says 42.. just to fake mortals of my true identity! VL grin Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

sergemarck ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 2:49 PM

Hehe, my birth year is just one less than Marque and Kate! Rena, i'm not sure you admit the same age last time LOL:-)...and Steve, you are really a baby! Serge

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 3:05 PM
Site Admin

Oh come on Serge..it's not easy to let people know you are a few thousands years old on your very first contact with them! Makes them feel "babies".. even ones with moustaches or baldness to prove otherwise! ROFLMAO! Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 3:41 PM

40 going on 14, LOL! Heike

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 4:04 PM

ok, turned 32 in April, but I look younger and feel older LOL! Especially with a teenager who just graduated 8th grade....

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Helen ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 4:14 PM

Lets see last age I owned up to was 21... However my 22 year old has suggested there is something wrong with my mathematical skills here.. ;) THEY keep telling me I am 46, but I don't believe them LOL

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

etep ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 4:17 PM

lol, 50 in a few days but still feel like 20,and can move sideways quick time

Ladyfyre-graphics ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 4:26 PM

I'm 34, and with and exhusband 10 years older than me and a fiancee 10 year younger I can honestly tell you that age has nothing to do with maturity LOL!

www.ladyfyre-graphics.com

• Poser freebies, tutorials and articles, gallery and lots of stuffage for the Poser and Daz|Studio Horses!

Abraham ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 5:20 PM

Well, even if my screenname make me by far the oldest here I'm a little, absolutely immature child of 37 :) J-L

Papu ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 5:59 PM

whoa you guys are OLD lol - 21 here :)

Larry F ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:10 PM

I'm not the oldest listed here but I have a daughter about to turn 40 in a few months. I'm 57 and with the longevity on my maternal side (my grandfather keeled over in his cornfield at 103 - could've been 106, but at least 103 for sure) and I have one uncle and several aunts still kicking in their late 80s and -- yes! -- Aunt Lurleen is a vigorous 97! As she tells it, there's not much pain, but nothing wants to move! So guess that might make me really middle-aged, eh? Ohhh -- sudden chest pain. Gotta --- GO! Larry F

kbade ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:16 PM

I turned 35 last month, and I know from prior posts that there are several other forum contributors who are approximately the same age.

martial ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:20 PM

Hum hum supposed to be 53

rbtwhiz ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:28 PM

26 today. -Rob rbtwhiz.com

SergeantJack ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:32 PM

I turned 28 yesterday, but to all who know me apparently my name is "Oh, you're just a baby!"

Helen ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:33 PM

Happy Birthday rbtwhiz .... :) I would remember my 26th if it weren't for the fact I plan to stay perpertually 21 :)

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

Helen ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:34 PM

OOh another birthday person... Happy Birthday SergeantJack :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:37 PM

About 50... but I still crawl around on the floor with my wind-up toys! :) Carolly

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:47 PM

A young 45, here. Sigh. Even at my age, I still enjoy a good clown, now and again ;) Pop...pop...Poppi!!!

ohman ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:54 PM

I'm 32. This is very surrealistic to me! I've been hanging around here for two years now and i have always that most of you regular people was in my age or younger. Seems like i have to treat you all with more respect in the future! LOL LOL! /Ohman

morganza ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 7:03 PM

I just truned 31!!! I feel no different or indifference.

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 7:15 PM

file_183477.jpg

Wow, I assumed a lot of you were in 20s and 30s hehe I am so far the youngest in this thread, 16 years old, a month and a half away from 17. I am a big fan of making movies, and film making and I have been doing it with my friends for a while. When I started into the special effect work, I got involved with artificial Computer Generated characters. I bought poser, and have been working with that since november. At first try, it turned into my other hobby besides movie making. I try at times to make movie characters, especially Star Wars ones :)

lalverson ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 7:20 PM

I'm 37 but after 15 years of the army , the body wear and tear is around 55. But at least it seems I'm amongst comtemporaries, over at Elfwood I was one of the old men

genny ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 7:23 PM

I'm 47......and can't wait until I am 55 so I can retire and be able to "play" on my computer anytime I want to. LOL! genny

mheldt ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 8:21 PM

I am 40. I guess that I am one of the young ones.

nfredman ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 8:32 PM

Not a day over 137... LOL Well, actually, 44. Wow, and i wondered what all the folks my age were doing--they're HERE! YeeeeHAH! And i am complimented that the young'uns would hang out with us here. Age mostly has to do with (a) how very much one creaks in the morning when getting up after NOT having had a thing to drink the night before (dammit), and (b) being able to more accurately gauge the relative importance of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that come one's way. And, art is like singing, it takes time to get good. Might as well start now! Happy birthday to rbtwhiz, the Tuna god!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.