Sun, Oct 6, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Canon 50D already?

inshaala ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2008 at 4:20 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:39 PM

Looks like we have a successor to the 40D already:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_50D.html

And a few more rumours RE the 5D replacement... billed for Late september ... again "apparently" 😉

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

Fred255 ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2008 at 5:43 PM · edited Mon, 25 August 2008 at 5:16 AM

Cool.  Well I have just bought a 30D.  An upgrade from a 10D

ecurb - The Devil

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2008 at 8:46 PM

Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade...discontinue..upgrade..new model..on and on it goes. I hope Canon does not get as bad about new intros and deletions of good cameras as did Nikon for a while.

Radlafx ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2008 at 10:47 AM

As soon as i read this threads title i knew there was going to be a link to Northlight images.

I wonder how accurate the rumors are. I doubt there will be anything really innovative.

The 5D is in more need of a replacement. I wonder what Canon got up their sleeve for that.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Onslow ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2008 at 11:21 AM

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2008 at 2:37 PM

Thanks for the link Richard... Interesting that the quoted price is pretty much 5D (mkII?) territory... that is a lot of ££ for two generations above something which sells for £300 (ie my 30D). I'm tempted to go FF with the current 5D (and upgrade lenses as well) rather than go for the 50D... i'm slightly in need of a replacement for my weathered 30D.

Rich Meadows Photography

busi2ness ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2008 at 2:51 PM

Hooray for Canon, a great camera but let's hope they sorted the "Error 99"

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2008 at 2:59 PM

I had Error 99 come up on my 10D a few weeks ago.  I cleaned my contacts on both camera a lenses.  I also changed the little battery the one that keeps the time and date etc.  All seems fine now.  But I still have just upgraded to a 30D

ecurb - The Devil

gradient ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 1:20 AM · edited Wed, 27 August 2008 at 1:23 AM

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

BernieStafford ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 11:59 AM

The 50D certainly looks like an impressive camera - makes me wonder just what Canon are going to come up with for the 5 MK II.

inshaala ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 6:13 AM

I hope it is dual card support, 25mp FF, 90point af, all cross-type... urm, 10fps and priced at 200 squids with a free 85mm 1.2... nods

:biggrin:

Rich Meadows Photography

Radlafx ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 11:53 PM

I'm still waiting for a 3-layer/3-chip sensor from Canon. I'm more into dynamic range than pixel amount.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

BernieStafford ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 3:21 AM

I'm inclined to agree.  To all intents & purposes pixel count is now as high as it needs to be for the vast majority of photographers.

Greatly increased dynamic range will, hopefully, be the next thing that manufacturers concentrate on.

Meowgli ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 2:35 PM · edited Sun, 31 August 2008 at 2:36 PM

Good point actually...  tho HDR will always be there, so manufacturers will point their product towards a marketable market - and that is the consumer, not the "pro" / "semi-pro" togs who want that increased dynamic range...

(and those were the words of inshaala - ie rich on adam's computer) 😉

Adam Edwards Photography

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.