Tue, Oct 1, 5:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Is it possible to rearrange the Poser library?

ecccoman ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 7:59 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:40 PM

My Poser 7 external library lists runtimes in the order that I loaded them.   Is it possible to rearrange them in logical groupings??

Or do I have to delete them all and re-load in the order that I want?

Thanks

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 8:52 AM

You can edit the file:

C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication DataPoser 7LibraryPrefs.xml

but take care, one comma out of place and it will not work.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 8:54 AM · edited Wed, 27 August 2008 at 8:56 AM
Site Admin

Yes you can rearrange them.
Go to C:Documents and SettingsyourusernamehereApplication DataPoser 7

and open LibraryPrefs.xml with notepad (this location might be different if you are using a mac)

and then select everything from <ContentFolder to and drag it to what ever order you want it.

Keep your Poser 7 and downloads at the top.

And while I don't remember I think you want to change the index numbers to be in order. And of course a back this file up before editing it in case you make a mistake.

Good luck

edit: sorry you can't drag in notepad, you need to cut and paste

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ecccoman ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 10:47 AM

PhilC

Is this something your Toolbox can help with?

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 11:41 AM

runtime organizer works really well. I am re-organizing my runtimes constantly and spliting things off into smaller more category specific runtimes. Costs 5 bucks. It was part of a sale when I bought it.

www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.