Thu, Oct 10, 2:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Skin color

yellowmello ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 3:07 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 2:24 AM

Hello all. Im about to buy mike from daz and what I want to know is there a way to change the color of poser people. I have been looking and can not find any hi res afroamerican tex maps so I was thinking if there was a way that I can take a hi res mike map and change his skin color and still keep the skin detail. If any one has any tips on settings in poser please let me know.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 6:28 PM

I've got an afromike morph which I think includes maps. You'll need to search, but they ahve been done.

yellowmello ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 7:12 PM

hey thats kool if you find out where you got it from please let me know.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 9:52 PM

It would be nice if the talented texture map artists out there could create more ethnic textures for Mike and Vicki. There are a few, but not nearly as many as the Caucasian ones. The world, after all, is made up of many different people. Yellowmello, it seems to me that I saw a very good African-American male texture, maybe for Michael, but I'm not sure, possibly in the MarketPlace. I just remember it was just incredible. You might check there. Melanie

yellowmello ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 12:52 AM

I have been looking in to getting a good dig cam. If I get it I might try to make some hi res tex maps.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 1:18 AM

I expanded the zip... to get a .pz3 file with no readme or info as to the maker. Sorry.

perrick ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 1:25 AM

I have had some success in creating an Afro-American look on Caucasian maps by just applying a gray object color (128:128:128 as an example) as a background to the map. Works reasonably well if the texture map used is "tanned" and not too pale. Worth a try until some better maps turn up.

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 5:28 PM

heyas; you can put a LIGHT tint on the skin base colour and apply a texture map over it to give subtle variations. also, you can take one texture map in an image editor and fiddle with the colours/values/etc to create variations. daio had a free black skin texture for michael named dion.... i have no idea if/where that might still be available, but it is very nice.

yellowmello ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 12:31 PM

thanks for all the help. any of you know where I can get a hi res wall tex at.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 1:08 PM

Joe Le Gecko also has a nice Michael texture called James: http://joelegecko.free.fr/html/int_textures.htm

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.