Thu, Sep 19, 10:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: To post large or not? That is my question. What do you prefer?

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 6:45 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 7:11 PM

file_412938.jpg

I am always torn to post my image full size and let the view decide to click the enlarge or to post it full size! I typically go full as I do not like to have the detail of the image missed.

And of course a shameless plug on some of my latest work! HEHE!http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1733710
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1732850
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1736843

I am curious though of preferences!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 7:32 PM

Some very nice work.
I always tend to go post full size (or at least the upload size) I usually render at 1920 width now but reduce to 1280 for upload as most people aren't at that resolution yet.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 7:38 PM

Duh! I forgot to mention that is the main reason I posted this is I now have a 22" monitor and don't mind to large of an image. But back in the olden days I would hate an image too large because it lost something being that close!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 8:17 PM

Posting large resolution images isn't annoying as it used to be as the gallery can shrink it down for ya.
(The "Display images resized to fit my browser window regardless of artist preference" option)

I haven't uploaded full size images for quite a while now as I normally go ahead and render out to 4K.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 8:22 PM

SMITH! you live!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 9:10 PM

good point AS! maybe I'll start posting the full size.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 9:26 AM

I live.  ;oD

Only problem now (still) with posting giant images are those poor few that still have a dial-up connection, lol.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 4:50 PM

I get a bit scared sometimes thinking "if I post this full size I'll get ripped off by an unscrupulous downloader and miss out on the chance of becoming a famous cover artist......".  Hasn't happened yet (the ripping off OR the famous artist bit....!)

Stuff does look good big though!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 12:03 AM

Yeah I have thought of that after seeing one of my mars images on some Russian site without authorization!

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 7:32 PM

I´ld advise people to be careful about posting highres stuff.
Naturally a scene looks a lot better full size, but it may also end up on some DVD cover without credit or payment, and it´s not worth it.
Better to let people contact you if they want to use the image and let them pay you for the hard work behind it.

Just a thought. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 2:15 AM

Rochr does has experience in that!

Yeah, if you think its susceptible to theft, you could always post a reduced image with perhaps an extra upload or two with "detail" crops.

AS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.