Sat, Sep 21, 4:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Life's a beach..

Eshal ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 1999 at 7:44 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:30 AM

file_117004.jpg

Hi there, Still playing around using terrains as water bodies. The lighting is not quite right but I was mainly going for a kind of rough surf look to the pic and not so much atmosphere. I'd appreciate any feedback on whether or not I'm close to achieving the look. Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Foxhollow ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 1999 at 2:11 PM

Surf's UP!!! ..where the heck is my board???? Exqusite, Eshal!

CyberDog ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 1999 at 9:50 PM

It looks great.Did you use a water texture or did you make your own texture?

Eshal ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 9:17 AM

Hi there Fox: Thanks, hopefully the next version will have a little better lighting and I might even put a surfboard in there for you :) CyberDog: I can't remember where I got the texture or who made it..but it was called water/partialwave and it is a very nice texture indeed. There were another 2 with it..wave and foamy seawater (though this is not the bryce preset) Eshal

ScottK ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 3:28 PM

I like it. Bryce water plane waves always look too... regular. I like the randomness of the water here. Very nice. -ScottK

afrovisn ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 2:17 AM

Nice stuff, only comment is that you lost the direction of the light source. Always remember where themain light is from and the shadows will follow .Look at the rocks again. Still, I envy the technique. Shane

Eshal ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 7:49 AM

chuckles Afrovisn:Yeah I know the light source is all wrong...but at the time I was more interested in getting the water right. Eshal

afrovisn ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 7:56 AM

Well thats about as difficult as one could aspire to. Looks good though. Shane

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.