Tue, Oct 1, 5:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: What a BiiiG space for poser that I almost cried!

TheOwl ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 6:47 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:28 PM

file_412979.JPG

I just discovered that you can expand the folder as big as this.

Am I such a noob?

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

Daymond42 ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 8:04 PM · edited Fri, 29 August 2008 at 8:05 PM

I have mine spread over 2 monitors.. but only slightly. The main render window is maximized to one monitor, and I have the adjustment dials on the other monitor. Kinda nice like that.. :)

http://wonderchef.pridelands.org/Renders/Test/Untitled-1.jpg case in point.. :)

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 8:32 PM
Online Now!

How do you make two monitors work on one computer? I have a second monitor and would love having Photoshop open on one while pose ris open on the other. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 8:37 PM

Depends.  Does your graphics card support two monitors being connected?  If so, then that is about all except for some Display setting setup.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

TheOwl ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 8:52 PM · edited Fri, 29 August 2008 at 8:59 PM

That's awesome having two monitors. I guess you have a super muscle computer that can handle that size whenever you move the view.

The good thing with this enhanced folder size I did is I can toggle between the big/small column by just clicking the small box thingy at the upper right of the folders.

So there will be no more fear of installing all downloaded stuff for it will be easier to see all of em now and not get lost.

By the way I got this by detaching the panel and expanding it using the striped arrow at the lower right.

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

Daymond42 ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 9:06 PM

Nothing particularly beefy for a computer. I've got a 2.0gHz Celeron processor, 2 gigs of RAM, and an ATI Radeon Pro 9700 which supports dual-monitors.

It's far from the best, but it gets the job done... albeit through Win2k. :)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 10:39 PM

Two different cards support two monitors, too.  That's what I have.  One is an AGP card, the other is a PCI.

My other has both AGP and PCIe slots and I have two monitors on it,too. Doing poser, I can have wings3d on one while exporting and importing with poser. Minimize poser, and have Blacksmith 2.2 up, and have PSP7 stretched across both monitors in the background while working on textures.

I have a 1.8 GHz, I gig RAM,250 Gigabyte Harddrive.  Not a monster machine at all.  Just economize on space and keep a good work-flow going on.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 11:16 PM

That's true but sometimes a more complicated solution.  As far as I remember, almost all Nvidia/ATI cards over the past three/four/five years have two ports (usually one DVI one VGA).  On a Windows or Mac 'towered' system, this should be moot.  Laptops and iMacs are a different story unfortunately.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

geoegress ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 9:00 AM · edited Sat, 30 August 2008 at 9:05 AM

Yeah- I have 2 monitors too. Just get a second cheepo video card. It's very easy :)

I went down to my local comp store to get one and the owner just gave me an old one from under the bench.  Works like a champ. :)

Most monitors are multi-sync anyways.

From P5 up lets you use both, photoshop does also.

My main monitor is now truely my desktop where I work and the second holds all the program icons. Handyer then a shirt with two pockets, lol.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 3:05 PM

I've used 2 monitors for years and just read an article about how to use 3 for gaming. I like using one for the program and one for the tools. Also nice if you are following a tutorial, you don't have to bounce back and forth.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 3:59 PM

If your graphics card is less then about 5 years old, and has two monitor plugs in the back (VGA or DVI) the chances are that you already have a graphics card that supports dual monitors.

Some cards can even automatically detect that you have a second monitor plugged in, and line things up for you. Others, you have to go into video setup and tell it you have two monitors, and which one is left and which one is right. In most cases it's not any more complicated then that to support two monitors.

I think I'd die wihtout two monitors any more. I'm ready for three or four.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 4:52 PM

My second PC has three.  I almost died from geek-overload! The MATRIX HAS ME!!!!! :laugh: LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 6:28 PM · edited Sat, 30 August 2008 at 6:29 PM

Laptops and iMacs are a different story unfortunately.

My laptops have a port for an extern monitor, so you can have two screens as well, which I use very often. The prices of TFT-monitors are so low, that it's easy to afford two or more. I don't believe that CRT-monitors ever cost so little as the TFT-monitors today. I imagine is much easier to manufacture them.
Anyway I'm so used in having two monitors, that I can't do without anymore, or they have to come with a very <--------wide-------->  screen that fills the space of two monitors with the doubled resolution, so you don't have the edges in between anymore.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 7:44 PM

I saw one on Nova Science Now! It was A CURVED SCREEN that was parabola shaped covering about 180 degrees of arc and high resolution, too!  OMG< I WANT ONE!!!

The down side was the price tag was just less than a house loan! Eep. Dammit. :cursing: :laugh: WHY are the best toys so expensive.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 8:14 PM

Quote -
The down side was the price tag was just less than a house loan! Eep. Dammit. :cursing: :laugh: WHY are the best toys so expensive.

I think the question should be "When will  I outgrow this incessant need for toys? :tt2:

My Freebies

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 8:30 PM

I'll always be a child at heart. I need toys, dammit! Cats always land on their feet, but they need their toys,too! (Just not computers.  Most of the time.) :laugh:

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 8:47 PM
Site Admin

My question is how you have room on your desk (that's the furniture not the computer's desktop)for 2 monitors? I'd love to have a second one but couldn't fit it if i had one.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 8:55 PM

build your own ;) - 3 17" monitors, 1 PC on the desk, 2 under... desk is 6ft long by 2.5ft..... made of 1 sheet of 1/2inch melimine chipboard supported with 2x4's.

Daymond42 ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 9:11 PM

In my case, I have a kinda smaller wooden desk, with an open area on the right side for part of the hutch. I removed the shelf there, so I could fit the second monitor over there (the printer was there previously), and put the printer up on the top shelf of the desk. I'd show a picture, but I'm a bit ashamed of how my room looks right now.

Got 2 days off in a row, though. I should remedy that.

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 7:27 PM
Site Admin

Sorry Khai, that's not enough space. I currently have a computer dask and a secretary's desk and am still crowded. I know a carpenter who can make me a custom desk that I've been plannign to take the place of both desks and give me more space. I just need to get the money.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.