Sat, Sep 21, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Rendaring Trouble of POSER7E

sadaoka ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 1:01 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:25 PM

file_413112.jpg

Do anyone know how to correct rendering trouble like left side of attached png file? Right side of the attached file is correct one. There are no differences betweeen both side of pictures on rendering settings. I got left one and just clicked render button again then got right one.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 1:58 PM

Hart to tell what is causing your problem just from looking at the render.  It does look like it is over-lit - go through each light and turn them off and see if it starts looking more normal.  You can turn them back on and then maybe lower intensity when you find which light(s) are causing this.

My Freebies

sadaoka ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 2:28 PM

Thank you for your advice, pjz99.
Attached two pictures were rendered under same lighting conditions but results were not same.
Why I got different pictures under same settings?

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 3:52 PM

I've no idea.  Try what I suggested, turning lights on and off, and see how the render will change.  E.g. with all lights off, it very probably won't come out solid white like that.

My Freebies

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2008 at 8:15 PM

Are you using Poser Pro (either with or without SR1)? I've noticed this same goofiness after I started using Poser Pro. Never got it at all in Poser 7 SR2.1. If you are using Poser Pro, check your Firefly render settings and see if the HDRI option is checked. I seemed to remember that problem would crop up if it was enabled, but stopping-and-starting the render over seemed to correct it.

I think the problem might have been corrected in SR1, I know I haven't encountered it since getting the SR1 update.

sadaoka ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 8:53 AM

Thank you, ArdathkSheyna.
I am using POSER 7E v7.0.4.220.

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 1:44 PM

Quote - Thank you, ArdathkSheyna.
I am using POSER 7E v7.0.4.220.

No prob!

That's SR1 alright, so maybe they haven't corrected that bug then. Every time I had the problem, though, it was always the first render I did after loading Poser; it would never occur after that. Because it always occurred on the first render, though, I never gave it much thought. I just stopped the render, then started it again. I just noticed that it stopped after I got the SR1 update, so I figured that it was a bug of some sort that got fixed.

Oh well, I'm glad to know that at least I wasn't the only one to notice that!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.