Fri, Sep 20, 7:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Digital Domain

ookami ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 11:31 AM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 6:32 PM

Has anyone ordered anything from Digital Domain? I have wanted to.. but their website is so terrible (bad links, old links, etc.) that I worry whether I'll get my product. PLUS... they don't seem to take credit cards... Just like to get any feedback from anyone who has bought their products for Poser... are they good or not.

Mazirian ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 11:33 AM

Are you refering to dedicated digital?

Monkeyboy ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 12:20 PM

yes that has to be what he means, and I agree. Does anyone know?

Mazirian ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 12:39 PM

WEll I did order his animal kingdom cd and the modles are so so quality. Most of them aren't any good for close up's but are pretty good for maderate to background use. As for the poser aspect, most of them have very poor joint setup but that can be fixed if you have the time to work with them. With all the modles that come with the CD it was worth the price for the meshes to fill out some scenes. I agree he needs to do better with the website it has alot of bad links. Keep in mind that dedicated digital is a one man opperation so updates are infrequent but he does send an update every so often.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 6:53 PM

heya; get one of the free models and test drive it. (are there still free models there?) i wonder if he needs a joint parametering partner... ;)

Tygerlander ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 7:45 PM

The key to finding which models are available is to see if the thumbnail loads. Of course, wishful thinking always prompts me to test all the other download links anyway =^D The Bengal Tiger and the human heart are still available when I checked two days ago (or at least the thumbnail was) Tina

pack ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 1999 at 1:01 AM

I thought the Meshes & texture maps for Animal Kingdom were all excellent. They must have used some object conversion program to convert to Poser format, & delivered it as is. I learned to work the joint parameters pretty well, & can fix most animals up in about 30 to 60 minutes. Mostly adjusting Inclusion & Exclusion angles for each axis of each joint. For less than $1.00/mesh, I think it's a great deal. What's the alternative if you want such a complete collection of Poser Meshes? I recommend Animal Kingdom BTW, how do I post a image with my reply or message?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.