Mon, Oct 21, 11:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue goin nuts with me...

Xpleet ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 8:50 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:20 PM

This is seriously freaking me out.

Whenever I update my Vue higher than 6.05-04 my Vue keeps crashing from minute 1! Now running in 6.05-04 results in the same crash only 1-2 times per hour, acceptable huh? Since I first run Vue I have: changed CPU, RAM, mainboard, operating system etc. I have even 30 minutes ago installed Vue on my current emergency-backup-windows (WinXp32 aswell) and it does the same there!! What am I supposed to run to get this to run properly??? Graphicscard driver is not the issue. I turned internet on and off, no change. No solution through google, no solution through Vue customer support, so any Vue/PC geeks amongst you guys?

Is there some type of special visual blabla module that I 'm missing here?

This is becoming a real agony as I have to make thousands of incrementals to not lose my work as Vue crashes randomly a few times per hour and I can't use a feature I dearly need that is only available at Vue 6.6

<(  you're my last hope

here's a shot of the prob

http://s6.directupload.net/file/d/1545/j8v4hlgf_jpg.htm or http://s6.directupload.net/images/080907/j8v4hlgf.jpg

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:06 PM

In your place, I would start suspecting about everything and I would try to systematically isolate the problem.

What is common to all your installations of Vue? Anti-virus? Anti-spyware? Firewall? Widgets? Something else running in the background? Did you check your start-up to make sure nothing unwanted or unnecessary is there?
Do you have the latest Windows SP?
What makes you so sure the graphic card isn't the problem?
Did you run a registry cleaner? (like CCleaner or equivalent)
Did you run a checkdsk?

Xpleet ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:12 PM · edited Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:14 PM

Quote - In your place, I would start suspecting about everything and I would try to systematically isolate the problem.

What is common to all your installations of Vue? Anti-virus? Anti-spyware? Firewall? Widgets? Something else running in the background? Did you check your start-up to make sure nothing unwanted or unnecessary is there?
Do you have the latest Windows SP?
What makes you so sure the graphic card isn't the problem?
Did you run a registry cleaner? (like CCleaner or equivalent)
Did you run a checkdsk?

Well those are the things I had probably done in the first three months of the problem however, i have my other OS running on another HDD so...i don't know it must be some kind of hardware related problem perhaps.
I also thought of a possible license conflict but it never complained + since i reinstalled it over and over again.

What i also didn't mention is that Xstream doesn't run with my Cinema4D at all..

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:26 PM

But, again, in your different installations do you use the same anti-virus, anti-spyware, widgets, background services, etc? Did you try killing everything on the system except Vue? There are several utilities to display and kill services. I use Process Explorer (it's free), from www.sysinternals.com, it's much better than Windows task manager. If I were you, I would kill everything that the system doesn't absolutely need and run Vue like that and see what happens.
By the way, in Sysinternals there are other great debugging tools, like Filemon and Regmon, among others. You can see exactly what's happening "under the hood" when Vue crashes. There must be something in common.

Xpleet ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:30 PM · edited Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:31 PM

By the way,

for a test I downloaded the free Personal Learning Edition of 6.6 and it crashes aswell, proving that my 6.6 update file for Vxstream also is not corrupt!

[quote[But, again, in your different installations do you use the same anti-virus, anti-spyware, widgets, background services, etc? Did you try killing everything on the system except Vue? There are several utilities to display and kill services. I use Process Explorer (it's free), from www.sysinternals.com, it's much better than Windows task manager. If I were you, I would kill everything that the system doesn't absolutely need and run Vue like that and see what happens.
By the way, in Sysinternals there are other great debugging tools, like Filemon and Regmon, among others. You can see exactly what's happening "under the hood" when Vue crashes. There must be something in common.

Be sure that I'm doing my best in that direction but it all turned out helpless so far.

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:39 PM

Hmm... You have a difficult case... I understand your despair.

Could it that there's some Vue material or object in common to the crashes? I once had a corrupted material that crashed Vue whenever I rendered it (even if the render was done by the mini-preview window). I had to delete the material completely.

Did you try using OpenGL by software, instead of hardware accelerated? I already had problems with hardware acceleration.
Did you try disabling the background draw thread?
Did you try disabling the mini-preview window? I had big problems with that, I normally have it to not-auto-update.

Well, if you're fighting with this problem for months, you probably have tried all that. But it's all I can think of right now.

Xpleet ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:43 PM

Quote - Hmm... You have a difficult case... I understand your despair.

Could it that there's some Vue material or object in common to the crashes? I once had a corrupted material that crashed Vue whenever I rendered it (even if the render was done by the mini-preview window). I had to delete the material completely.

Did you try using OpenGL by software, instead of hardware accelerated? I already had problems with hardware acceleration.
Did you try disabling the background draw thread?
Did you try disabling the mini-preview window? I had big problems with that, I normally have it to not-auto-update.

Well, if you're fighting with this problem for months, you probably have tried all that. But it's all I can think of right now.

Yes i tried those.
 Probably I'm the only one who can fix this and I will try further testings with other things.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 2:15 AM

How does it crash? Is there a specific action that will make it crash? Does it crash on its own, when not even using it? The latter would make me think of software incompatibilities.
Can you open it, change the default scene to a scene with a different atmosphere and make the new one default before crashing?
I remember someone had a problem with Vue6 because there was a folder in his Vue directory that had more than 64 characters/digits in its name.  Vue would always crash.
 I remember it well, because I sent him this folder! But I never had problems with the folder on my machine, and his would always crash Vue.

Dennis445 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2008 at 4:31 PM

My guess would be video card or memory as the problem.

Xpleet ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2008 at 4:34 PM

I have isolated the problem, it's because of Xstrream itself, I will be heading for Infinite now.

hindudreams ( ) posted Fri, 06 March 2009 at 3:42 AM

Vue Infinite versions are fine. its the xStream verions that are crappy 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.