Sun, Sep 22, 2:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Pressure Sensitivity Not Working

Not_Important ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 10:41 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:26 AM

A few days ago I started up photoshop and found that my tablet would not simulate pressure when using a brush. I thought it might be the table itself, so I reinstalled the driver for it, but that didn't help. I've tried a few different things, but nothing seems to work. Also, when I use the pen tool and 'stroke' the path with Simulate Pressure turned on, it just gives me a bold line, it does not simulate pressure like it should. 

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Any help is appreciated ^^
~Thanks!

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 11:31 AM

Perhaps you need to download a newer driver ?

Not_Important ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 6:58 PM

Already tried that, it didn't do anything...

ladyduece ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 9:05 PM

Last time I installed new drivers I had to reset my preferences and add photoshop back in to the programs for my tablet, not sure if that might help but it's what fixed me.

Tooshi ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2008 at 9:35 AM

I think if nothing works, you can try re-installing PS as a last resort.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 8:38 PM

Hmmm...  Other things to look at:

Stylus wearing out? (I think there's a spring inside there that could go bad. I know mines getting a little wonky at times.) Try shaking or rattling the stylus around a bit.

Good connection to the computer? (Sometimes USB ports can be flaky and might not give the full voltage they're supposed to. That might affect how things work when plugged in.)

Tablet settings under system preferences on the computer set correctly? (New driver might go to the default drawing pressure which may not be to your liking.)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

gammaRascal ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2008 at 3:36 AM

Other than setting up the preferences properly you also have to enable the tablet pressure options in the Photoshop Brushes tab.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.