Sat, Sep 21, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Quick question about poser crashes

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 5:01 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:27 PM

I have a question about poser crashes.  It seems to be random but there are some days (like today) where I can't even get viki loaded, inject the base and ++ morphs, and turn off IK without poser crashing.  Some days I can load everything up without a hitch.  Are these the most common times for poser to crash?  Is there anything I can do to stabilize it?

I'm currently running Vista if that helps, but IIRC, I had similar problems in XP.  And rebooting once or twice doesn't seem to help.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 5:47 PM

Don't know if this helps, but are you using OpenGL or Sree for preview mode? And do you have an nVidia graphics card, specifically GeForce? I'm asking because I recently encountered a problem that involved Poser Pro and one of the dlls that are apart of the nVidia driver install—nvogl32.dll. And, yeah, I'm running the most recent driver update from nVidia.

Anyway, I'd try to switching to Sree and see if that helps. I'm running XP x64 and you're using Vista so I don't know how much help this next bit is going to be, but try getting into Event Viewer after Poser crashes and see if there's any other modules that might be causing Poser to crash. That was how I found out about the problem with nvogl32.dll, btw.

Sorry, I can't be of much help otherwise :(

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 7:24 PM

Take a look at this thread it maybe the same thing you are experiencing:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2749403

My Facebook Page

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 11:13 PM

I didn't see the same question posted a day before mine... now I feel like an idiot.

Thanks for letting me know about it, I've given it a try and so far no problems.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.