Sun, Oct 6, 2:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: CHEAT IMPLIED BY CHART DEMOTION???

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 5:47 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:19 PM

Hello Renderosity,

Im really dissapointed and need to share a problem with you .
I made a new image last week called 'riaq' which can be found here:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1736292&member

I was pleased with the image and was lucky enough to have the image faved 60 or so times placing me at number 1 position in the artcharts.I was also placed as number 3 on the fav artist chart due to being faved 15 times or so.That was nice to see people liked what Im doing still.I was put on th charts on weds,not monday as before?No big deal,but the next day I was dropped to 4th postion and today Im dropped to 44th postion(so what but please read on).Im not bothered about where my images are in the charts (if they are or not)but I am bothered by reasons for why an image would be dropped and what it could look like to others following my work.

In the terms of the charts::

Renderosity's Art Charts are calculated based on a wide range of information for each category, taking into account statistics for images, artists and vendors from the last week of gallery traffic. Each category has a unique method of rank determination that has been thought out and tweaked carefully to help make the Charts a fair and informative representation of the most enjoyed art during the last week. The Art Charts are calculated each week sometime after midnight, server time, on Sunday nights (Monday mornings).

Favorite Images
Favorite Images are determined by the number of members that have added an image to their favorites during the last week. Should a tie exist between two images (as it often does), the winner is determined by which image is the newest image. If an image uploaded yesterday has the same number of favorites as an image uploaded last week, it most likely is the more successful of the two images. Members can only add an image to their favorites once, and careful checks are performed regularly to ensure no one person has duplicate accounts to house favorite images.

For the reason highlighted in red I would like the forums to offer me an explination please.I have kept all the emails in reference to the image being faved and myself over the last week and will have to write to each person if I cant get any help.I wrote to renderosity yesterday but have not been replied to as yet.

I would like what has happened explained and would like my name cleared of any wrong doing.
Im embarressed to of recieved a mail asking whats going on in the charts already albeit from a good friend.

I love this site and it has been a great part in my work getting noticed and Ive had wonderfull years here.Am I a vicitm of a simple date issue?Im going to follow all the links when Im home from work to see who faved me unless Ive been helped with my issues by any staff .

Thanks for reading,

calum5  

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 8:08 AM

Sorry if this thread sounds petty but I do care about being seen as the legitamate artist I am.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 10:47 AM · edited Fri, 05 September 2008 at 11:17 AM

Hi calum,

We do have the programmers looking into this as there is something going on with the calculations. The calculations are supposed to run weekly and when it doesn't complete then it tries to run daily. We think that is part of the problem in the changing of the calculations.
The programmers will get this resolved but please know that is NO wrong doing on your part whatsoever..

We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Thanks
Stacey

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 11:28 AM

Thanks Stacey,

I have 3 ebots for 'fav image' in the charts on the 'same image' all with differing positions and 3 for 'fav artist ' doing the same..

Thanks for understanding my concerns and your reply, I've nearly been through all who faved the image and myself and so far everyone has gallerys!

Regards
cal.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 2:51 PM

Hi calum,

I've sent you a sitemail request for some more information that might help the programmers in researching the issue with the Art Chart calculations:)

Thanks!

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 3:51 PM

Hi Stacey,

Thanks I just read the IM,Im doing as requested now.

Thankyou so much for your help,
cal

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 4:33 PM

Stacey ,I have sent the 113 ebots of fav notifications for this week (so far) to you just now .
I hope the programmers can now use them to help fix the fault that has put me in this situation.
Thanks
cal

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 3:46 PM

I received all the forwarded ebots calum, thank you very much.

I then forwarded to the programmers and he has received them and is now working on researching the calculation issue.

Thank you so much for all your help and I'll let you know as soon as I hear the outcome from the programmers.

calum5 ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 8:17 AM

Thankyou once again Stacy.

cal

Bossie_Boots ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 1:42 AM

I have been wondering what was happening to i have just seen your post thats why i come to look your work is ace cal and i think no one would think this is pety i dont good luck hope you resolve the issue hugs lou x

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 1:56 PM

Just wanted to drop back in here and let you know that the programmers are still working on finding a resolution to this problem:)

calum5 ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:36 PM

Stacey,another artist told me the sytem was now doing the charts on a weds cycle? As I mentioned I did get my notifiications starting on a weds.Dont know if that helps,cal

calum5 ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:37 PM

Thanks Lou:)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 3:08 PM

Thanks calum.  The ebots you forwarded me helped a lot for the programmers.

louly ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 12:32 PM

I also thought that they were now updating on Wednesday instead of Monday but they didn't update this week, you just have to look at the date, it says Aug. 29 to Sept. 4. They've been out of whack for a couple of weeks. Like I said, I thought you had changed the calculating day but even then, they're out of date right now.

calum5 ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 12:39 PM

Yeah,look slike the charts are knackered but it was unfortunate the timing made my image look like it was demoted.:)cal

louly ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 12:43 PM

Yes it is unfortunate. It happened to me too, why I noticed the problem. I got an ebot to say my image made it to the charts and I think it stayed one day, then it was gone. Not that I was at the top like you calum5 but it got removed from the charts because they got recalculated before the week was over.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.