Thu, Sep 19, 9:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: September Forum Challenge - CoNtRaDicTioN

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 3:44 PM

Vast contradiction in terms of size, but Tara...Tell me was it the image, or my manly frame?...Rofl

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 4:32 PM

Well, both!   You're a good foot taller than I am, so it was your manly frame in contrast to the very low peephole in the door.   (How's THAT for a good save?)    ;)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

Fred255 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 4:52 PM · edited Sun, 07 September 2008 at 12:35 PM

Poor car I hope it's not going far.  Well it won't!

ecurb - The Devil

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 7:18 PM

file_413459.jpg

Captured this from my sisters garden.

BEAUTY & the BEAST (Fly on Rose)

J🆒E

Laelia ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 9:40 AM

So poetic Joe ...
Well done!
Better to see in zoom
q:)

Laelia ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 9:59 AM

file_413493.jpg

Hey ! I found my cam yesterday... ouffff !  :m_tired:

That's the only thing I could shot and I'm not proud of...
Peek a zoom in you dare ...

The tittle could be : Not only leaves fall in autumn, here

The place is a parking near the airport were lived a lot of birds
Yesterday, I was scarred seeing all those feathers on the green floor....

CavalierLady ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 2:21 PM

file_413503.jpg

... the contradiction being that some folks might not "normally" think of a one armed person holding and firing a shotgun as going together very easily.  But this has been a yearly tradition on the first weekend of dove season for over thirty years in that small town.

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 8:13 PM

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maria this is GREAT!!!!!!!!LOL!

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 9:35 PM

file_413517.jpg

I don't know if this really qualifies, but as I was busily trying AGAIN to catch a decent shot of my nemesis, I noticed that he clearly can't read....

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 10:34 PM

LOL!  Oh Denise, that's great!

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

MrsLubner ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 12:40 AM

file_413522.jpg

Maria, gotta concur...that really is great. Leave it to Texas to be outrageously serious about hunting and high school football.

Here is my second post to this challenge. Not anything memorable but this is not an easy thing to do this month... Contradiction...Life, death and the little irritations inbetween.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Laelia ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 6:43 AM

"No fishing" Lol !! Excellent !

Littlejock ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 12:12 PM

file_413594.jpg

Great challenge and many post again.. Congratulations!!!!

I did this pics  the last year. I drive this way every day when go to work.
I think the oposite is the Resort against agricultura and also poor people Inmigrants from Africa against Rich people live in luxury resort with Golf and pools.
Hugs. Luis

Laelia ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 5:55 PM

hi Luis
That works well at my humble opinion to illustrate a contradiction
Rich / poor , desert urbanisation / green agriculture

Bien vu !

Magali

Ionel ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 9:46 PM

file_413622.jpg

Ionel ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 9:54 PM

file_413623.jpg

Ionel ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 9:58 PM

file_413624.jpg

Art_Ramos ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 11:40 PM · edited Tue, 09 September 2008 at 11:43 PM

I found this photo from my trip to Vancouver in April 2008. Can you see the contradiction?

Art_Ramos ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 11:59 PM · edited Wed, 10 September 2008 at 12:01 AM

MrsLubner - " Wings behind your head! Don't even think of waddling! Book 'em Dano! "

Ionel - " A-A-A-F-F-F-L-L-L-A-A-A-C-C-C ! ! ! "

Auntietk - " So, they dropped a 454 into their compact car to tow this trailer? "

CavalierLady - " With friends like Dick Cheney in Texas, they're lucky they just lost an arm! " ;-)

Great photos everyone!

bmac62 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2008 at 10:10 AM

Hi Shari. I am on day 3 of a 21 day drive...of about 3000 miles in distance. Just read the challenge today (good idea including it on the comments you post). Will keep my eyes open.

Sometimes you encounter the oddest things along the highways and byways. Of course you don't see much whizzing along at 75 MPH on an Interstate...but I get off the big roads when I can.

Internet connections are a little spotty on a trip like this but I'll pop up as often as possible.

Bill

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2008 at 1:42 PM

file_413652.jpg

Taken yesterday in York UK.

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2008 at 1:57 PM

file_413655.jpg

Another one from York, on the skyline you can just make out York Minster the Cathedral.

This is the River Ouse that runs through the center of York, with all the rain it's banks have swollen somewhat.  This sign is usually about twenty feet from the river bank as are the bicycle racks, it looks like the owner of this bike returned from work and couldn't get to his bike.  Between me and the sign was a road, also under about a foot or more of water.

jocko500 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2008 at 4:52 PM

file_413674.JPG

most people think candle light is romanicae [getting in the mood for love] I took this shot for i had nothing else to do and the lights was out every where and i wish to show people if you wish to take photos you can do it anytime even with a big storm outside and no elecitic on just have camera and light souce. i thought this would fit in this tread. if not please forgive me do look like love to some people lol or the contradiction of a love and hate between couples

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

jocko500 ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2008 at 5:00 PM

JeffG7BRJ
that a lot of water there

cfulton ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2008 at 3:52 AM

file_413709.jpg

"Nature vs Man"

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2008 at 5:28 AM

Nature is inexorable.  It will win in the end!

Laelia ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2008 at 4:39 PM

Quote - Another one from York, on the skyline you can just make out York Minster the Cathedral.

This is the River Ouse that runs through the center of York, with all the rain it's banks have swollen somewhat.  This sign is usually about twenty feet from the river bank as are the bicycle racks, it looks like the owner of this bike returned from work and couldn't get to his bike.  Between me and the sign was a road, also under about a foot or more of water.

My prefered on this page 3

Amitié
Magali

Laelia ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2008 at 4:49 PM · edited Thu, 11 September 2008 at 4:53 PM

I**onel
**Your second one **: A bizarre dressed girl between 2 Policemen
is my favorite

Ohhh I'm a french girl  & my** **opinion is not important here...

Amitiés
q:) Magali

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2008 at 7:05 PM

Wow you guys, are keeping this going nicely!!!  Some wonderful Images posted!!!

Hey Bill ... :-)    thank you for dropping in!!! I hope you are enjoying your trip; keep that camera in the ready. you never know what you may find along the way!  lol ... be safe.

Work has zapped me of my time and energy lately; I apologize.  Hopefully I will have a 'real' weekend coming up; where I can get out and really enjoy myself.  (sick last weekend).

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 12:09 AM

file_413774.jpg

I've been looking everywhere to find something condradictory.  I have a twisted mind I guess...everything seems to look perfectly sensible. Then I came across this.  The Navaro River "sometimes" opens to the Pacific Ocean but I would guess that it only does so now in a very big and powerful storm. Sand has been deposited In a wide beach separating the two water ways. On the river near the "mouth" that is no more, there are 3 abandoned buildings. Boarded up and weather-worn to the point of hardly standing. I thought the sign was a real crack up... There is nothing to save! It looks like no official park ranger has even been around in years.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

busi2ness ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 6:52 AM

Oh just listen to the Queen of the Forum squealing, why does she not admit to being stunned by all the contributions and that she has nothing to upload in this challenge! :sneaky::sneaky:

I see some of the "contradictions" are not so evident and that makes the challenge a bit more interesting I'd say.

Bill, good to see you joined in but I challenge you to submit something. I will also be on the lookout again this afternoon, the others have done perfect jobs! Ionel, Luis, Denise, Art, Jocko and PJ!

Oh btw, I hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday Denise!!!

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

Alz2008 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 12:06 PM

file_413799.jpg

Heres Mine..

Laelia ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 8:27 PM

Quote - Heres Mine..

Hé !!! that's featured well into this theme !!
Gooooooooddddd !

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 5:22 AM

Magali, I have only read about your son now. Shari's boy also  left for the university. Good luck to the two of you! What a contradiction it would be seeing a mom smile on a pic while her heart is breaking saying goodbye to her son!

Big hugs to the two of you. :b_uncertain:

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 2:33 PM

Thank you Piet :-)  I was fine untill he said last night on MSN Messenger "I wish I were home.." even though it was ONLY to see the little kitten we were taking care of for the night.  lol  Hope your boy is as happy as mine Magali ............ and that he isnt TOO far away, so that there will be somewhat regular visits.

This challenge is too challenging for me.. i can't find contradictions anywhere... but I won't give up... I still have a couple weeks left.  :-)

Great pics posted guys ... way to go!  :-)

P. Vermeulen

Liam. ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 4:26 PM

file_413880.jpg

![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_9/file_413878.jpg)OK, not sure if this qualifies but these are all my young ones and, surprisingly, they all get along very well... :-D

Liam

Liam. ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 4:27 PM

file_413881.jpg

Now this one is pretty self-explanatory, I think. Again, featuring my son... a few months ago... Would you believe he was actually doing that?! He's 12 this July ;-)

Liam

bmac62 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2008 at 5:04 AM

file_413908.jpg

Hopefully, this speaks for itself.

This sign, plus a red one like it on the other side of this duck/goose pond in Roslyn, NY stays up year-round. Doesn't it seem a bit like crying wolf in the spring, summer and fall?

Bill

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2008 at 7:19 PM

I spent one week looking everywhere. I even had my daughter looking and zilch, other than the Save the Inn shot. And that was more laughable than contradictory. Its in a flood zone and once a storm breaks down the sand bar again, it will be 8 feet underwater anyway.  I've found the trick is to find something other than a sign since signs are almost too easy to find. Its in the symbolism - like markablue and alz2008. Those do it without words. Note: I resorted to something with a sign. :-) I fell short of my goal.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2008 at 9:12 PM

It is a tough challenge, I agree.  Look at me!  MS. NO SHOW!  lol   I sit here and act as cheerleader when I should be playing the game.  hey the month isn't over yet.  :)

Bill .. excellent contribution!!!  LOL  It's perfect!  how's the trip going ?? :)

Marka,,,, thanks for joining in on the fun; you chose some good ones too !!  :-)

Omgosh, he's a young'un behind that wheel!!  Ahhh! lol  Just today as i was driving to the office (yeah, i put in a couple hrs today ..) i saw hubbys car coming my way; I waved.. and kept going.  next thing I know, my cell phone rings.. its my son, Ben .. 14.  "Did you see me waving mom?"  I said "No, but I saw it was you and Dad driving by......... "  He said "I was the one behind the wheel."  Egads... LOL  He said he was really jamming down the road (I couldn't help but see how SLOW that car was going... but I didn't say anything )  lol  

P. Vermeulen

Laelia ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2008 at 4:16 PM

Quote - Now this one is pretty self-explanatory, I think. Again, featuring my son... a few months ago... Would you believe he was actually doing that?! He's 12 this July ;-)

oh oh !! yes that feats for me! lol

Laelia ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2008 at 4:18 PM

Quote - Hopefully, this speaks for itself.

Bill

Lol !! Yes !!! that features well here !

Flannelman ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2008 at 6:41 PM

file_414065.jpg

Wow, still getting creative with the challenge. I am from the Texas gulf coast and about 25 miles inland (and in a direct line) with the storm y-IKE-s path from Galveston.  When the storm hit I was playing golf somewhere in the hill country just south of Austin. I came back the morning after just in time for the last rain band to blow through but, made it home. Very minor damage, mostly trees down and a few shingles missing from the roof. Oh, and no electricity. About 7 hours ago we got power. So getting to my last contribution to the challenge ... This was taken the day I got back about 3 blocks from where I live at a r/v (caravan) park and 9 hole golf course. fm ;-)

jocko500 ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2008 at 6:53 PM

lol what a mess. so sad

MrsLubner ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2008 at 11:53 PM

I don't know if everyone has been able to read the sign on the entrance but it says "not responsible for damage done by gate." Seems like the least of their problems. The coverage of Ike hasn't really shown the devistation. Glad you posted this and it is very contradictory!

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Laelia ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 8:35 AM

Quote - Thank you Piet :-)  I was fine untill he said last night on MSN Messenger "I wish I were home.." even though it was ONLY to see the little kitten we were taking care of for the night.  lol  Hope your boy is as happy as mine Magali ............ and that he isnt TOO far away, so that there will be somewhat regular visits.

This challenge is too challenging for me.. i can't find contradictions anywhere... but I won't give up... I still have a couple weeks left.  :-)

Great pics posted guys ... way to go!  :-)

Thanks Shari and Piet
My "solitude" ( loneliness) is a little difficult  but I manage
Yes, Daniel said me he's well even some problems to install in a university room, that's OK now...
Probably, he will come back here for "Toussaint'" holidays ( Hallowe'en) to spend a week.

I agree Shari, even if Joko says that's it's easy to take a pic, this theme gives me problems too to find good ideas of photography

Nice Wednesday at all
Magali

Art_Ramos ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 4:11 PM · edited Wed, 17 September 2008 at 4:12 PM

Quote -
I agree Shari, even if Joko says that's it's easy to take a pic, this theme gives me problems too to find good ideas of photography

Nice Wednesday at all
Magali

You can probably find them all around you! Go to a car wash and find someone washing a rust bucket down! Go to a construction site and find someone walking around without a helmet on! Find a 24x7 convenience store that is closed! Find a wireless cafe with people using a network cable!

My favorite is an elevator that has Braille on the floor sign about 5 feet high!

Have Fun in your search!

Art

Laelia ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 5:40 PM

Ok Art Ramos, I agree and have the same ideas but I don't meet the good situation
I search hardly the real "contradiction" situation
The one that makes laugh loud ! or the one that makes crry !

oh because I love music i can't miss sharing with you that
And I am in very contradiction here ... but I hope you will enjoy that  'zic
while i'm searching an image to share with you ...
Here an interlude to make you wait
Amitiés Magali

The Heart Of Rock & Roll Video by Huey Lewis The Heart of Rock & Roll Video
Click Here to Watch the Video

Laelia ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 6:09 PM

Ok there's something or someone blocking or jaming my rock n'roll video

Try there
http://www.videocure.com/music-video-code/h/bf9ed2392564579ce865222330cc4602.html
then click on the rocker photo. or under on that :
Click Here to Watch the Video
Amitiés
Magali

Flannelman ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 6:48 PM

I guess a blog about Huey Lewis is a cotradiction (considering he was a math whiz and accepted to Cornell University) and grew up to be a hormonica/singer in a band. lol ;-)
fm
p.s. would be cool to see another photo.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.