Wed, Sep 18, 1:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Librarie Error When Running Poser 7

Lenora2 ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2008 at 12:15 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 2:27 AM

Hi, it's been a long time since my last posting, but I came up with another doubt. Here's what's the deal:

When I run P7, everything goes fine and yatta yatta, but when I click over the libraries tab, instead of opening the well know drop down menu with all the categories and stuff it opens a drop down with two options only (wich I cant remember exactly, but it has something to do with building libraries and stuff, and the well know "add category").

I usually solve this problem by swicthing, in the 'categories' tab the directory 'Poser7' to 'Downlods' and re-switch to 'Poser7' directory. Normally the libraries just 'appear' from nowhere...

Another eerie error is, when I go to the Materials Room, the 'Material' category doesn't appears on the drop down menu. As I said before, I 'solve' the problem by switching and re-switching directories.

I Just want to know if ANYBODY here ever had problems like that, and if did how did you solved yours?

Thanks already pals, and sorry for the erroneous english, I'm kinda rusty in this language...

Dizzi ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 6:29 AM

Quote -
When I run P7, everything goes fine and yatta yatta, but when I click over the libraries tab, instead of opening the well know drop down menu with all the categories and stuff it opens a drop down with two options only (wich I cant remember exactly, but it has something to do with building libraries and stuff, and the well know "add category").

That is because the drop down menu has to be built from the directory structure on you hard drive. There's a set timeout period (changeable in the Poser.ini file since P7 SR1) after which Poser stops building the menu. So as you're filling up your library with content it'll take longer and longer for the directory structure to be read from disk, that's why you won't see the menu the first time. The directory structure has now been read (partially) and Windows has that data cached. When you switch to another runtime and back to the first runtime, Poser has still to build the dropdown crawling through all library folders and (files, but that's another story) but the cached information doesn't have to be read from the hard drive again. That's why you're getting the dropdown menu this time.
You may want to increase the timeout from 90 seconds to a higher value so there's enough time for the whole library to be crawled. A hard drive defrag might also help.

I have no idea about the material category, as I usually don't use Poser's library system.

Lenora2 ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 9:01 AM

Oh, so I have to increase the 'reading' time, right? Where I change this thing?? and HOW? I'm a noob in programming and stuff, I'm just a simple pc user ^^'

Thanks for the advice!

Dizzi ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2008 at 5:33 PM

You need to change the "LIB_POPUP_TIMEOUT" from 90 (that's seconds) to something higher.

That setting is in the  Poser.ini which can be found at :Documents and SettingsApplication DataPoser 7.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2008 at 7:46 PM

Exactly how big is your runtime folder?  That may have some affect on what you are seeing.

Lenora2 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 3:52 PM

lmy poser runtime? like... VERY BIG... ^_^'

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.