Thu, Oct 3, 6:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Why does the sword deform when I parent to the hand?

heartrotica ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2008 at 4:54 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 6:13 AM

file_413988.jpg

When I parent the sword to the (in this case) left hand, the swords gets totally deformed...:-(((

Why is that?

It happens with other swords too, but not with all?

Hand is from V4.2

Please help ....

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2008 at 5:22 PM

I've seen this once myself. Tell me, is the sword you used a figure?  If the sword is a figure and not a prop, that means someone screwed up the rigging. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

heartrotica ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2008 at 5:25 PM

No, the sword is a prop for victorias left hand

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2008 at 5:45 PM

Did you happen to have enabled or enable "Inherit bends of parent"?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Plutom ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2008 at 7:03 PM

Quote - Did you happen to have enabled or enable "Inherit bends of parent"?

Oh yes, having the inherit bends of parent enabled  will deform the sword in ways you wouldn't believe.  Did it a few times myself--Jan

heartrotica ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 9:03 AM

sorry I was one day away for work...

NO, I did NOT enable "inherit bends of parent" and it still happend...

heartrotica ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 10:09 AM

... now I found out there must be something "wrong" with the "predefined" V4-handpose-files for V4... (.*.hd2 )

If I use V4 with all her MORPHS and "give" her the left-hand-parented sword (a prop) in her hand, everthing is perfect. Even with "inherit bends of parents" enabled.

BUT, as soon as I go to the "hands" library in POSER an click on a left or right hand-pose for V4, the sword starts to deform...

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 12:30 PM

That's odd.  I don't have any hand poses for V4 so I take it that these are 3rd-party poses.  Maybe something in the pose file is affecting a child (expectedly or unexpected) and the sword is being treated as some other prop?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

heartrotica ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 2:19 PM

Yes, 3rd-party poses .... and/or maybe something else too....

dorkmcgork ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 10:18 PM

i bet the hand in the poses is scaled a bit.  scaling and parenting don't go together
could be scaled in the hand part or passed on into the body part

go that way really fast.
if something gets in your way
turn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.