Thu, Oct 10, 2:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: tex for p4 lion

yellowmello ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 11:34 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 2:27 AM

hello any one know where I can get a tex map for the p4 lion. I found one for the big face lion but I cant find the obj file for it, I looked on poserworld but cant find it. I have a great pic im working but but the tex map for the p4 lion sucks. lol thanks for the help

AprilYSH ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 11:36 PM

do you have poser 4?

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

yellowmello ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 11:42 PM

yes I have p4 lol

yellowmello ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 12:00 AM

file_183782.jpg

ok this is what my pic is looking like. you can see how muc the the lion tex sucks lol. let me know what you think

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 1:05 AM

oh, i got confused. you have a nicer texture for the big face lion but don't have the obj. you have the p4 lion obj but have crappy textures for that. so you want the big face lion so you can use your nicer texture! am i on the right track now? hmm... is the big face lion remap free? if so, it should be in bloodsong's 3dmenagerie.com that's something i am meaning to look up myself. :) goodluck on the pic :)

yellowmello ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 1:39 AM

thanks for the help love im going to check that site out right now! wish me luck

yellowmello ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 1:40 AM

ok I was on that site but dont see the obj file. All I see is the tex map for the big face lion. man this sucks, I got this great pic that I want to do and cant find the right tool :(

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 2:17 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3dmenagerie.com/goodies/3d/poser.htm

in the page linked above, click on the picture of the lion to download the remapped lion. **i think.** otherwise it might just give you the texture map again? if so, can you load that into uvmapper along with the p4 lion obj and then somehow create the big face lion obj??? this is getting funny... i'm clueless too, blind leading the blind scenario. halp someone!!! i have the suspicion we're supposed to get the new obj from poserworld subrscription area... hope not... i can't afford new stuffage in the next couple of months. :P

Wizzard ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 2:24 AM

nope... but close that's all right April 8 ) included with the BFLion.. is a PCF file... that's decoded with the p4lion.obj to create the bflion.obj which is the correct object with appropriate mapping etc.... Blood did a really good job with the readme file.. and it's pretty much explained. 8 ) You use Objaction Mover to decode the pcf, which I believe is still in the freestuff utilities section. the new cr2 will be in the poser libraries and points to the new obj. the really funny part is, after a while you get used to it and forget that not everyone's familiar with the quirks 8 ) Sorry for taking so long to get here to help out 8 ) CHeers

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 2:38 AM

ahh, a pcf, i've used one of those, i think it was morphworld's eve or dcort's mermaid. the download page i linked to above didn't say that's what it was, just said "texture map" ... "what do i do with a texture template without the obj", i thought. chuckle so yellowmello, you click on the big face lion and download bflion.zip - unzip it, load up the pcf in maz's objaction mover (go to free stuff poser utilities.) it will merge the difference in the pcf with the p4lion obj and create the big face lion obj! goodluck!

yellowmello ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 10:58 AM

file_183783.jpg

ok thanks april and wiz I got it. tell me what you think of this pic now. Im so happy lol <--- big kid. Im about to fix somethings in photoshop, then post the pic. Let me know what you think.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 8:22 PM

what is this pic for? it looks very children's bookish :)

yellowmello ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 11:48 AM

no I just made it. its my 3rd pose

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.