Sun, Oct 6, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 24.7

VRG ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 3:10 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 8:52 AM

Hi All.

Ha! That title probably baffled everybody. Just to let you know, if you mosey over to www.blender.org you can download version 2.47

I have to ask where the fanfare was, but it is good news for a Monday.

Enjoy,
Vincent

jrs100000 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 7:42 AM

There was fan fare when it came out a month ago...

VRG ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 7:48 AM

Doh!! Was it very loud?

jrs100000 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 7:50 AM

Not really.  There wasnt much in the way of new features.

2.48 should get a bit more attention when it comes out around the first.

DramaKing ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 9:21 AM

Is that the first of October?

It is better to do one thing well, than to do many things and excel at nothing.

VRG ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 9:50 AM

So far the Internal Renderer is doing a much better job- the renders are looking much better than they did in 2.46.

VRG ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 9:51 AM

Are there any Jedi outfits for Victoria or M3 anywhere? Useful indeed they would be!

jrs100000 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 6:57 PM

Quote - Is that the first of October?

Thats the target date.  It should include the Apricote branch, one or two of the GSOC projects, ocean sim, grease pencil, and probably some other stuff.

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 8:28 AM

I'm still waiting for the fluid sim to get fixed after the move from 2.43 :(

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

jrs100000 ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 8:54 AM

Quote - I'm still waiting for the fluid sim to get fixed after the move from 2.43 :(

Why, whats wrong with the fluid sim?  Theres nothing open on it in the bug tracker, so if there is something about it thats broken in 2.47 you should either open a ticket or post the steps required to duplicate the error and Ill open a ticket for you.

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 2:08 PM

ok it used to be that when you baked a fluid sim the fluid objects became the fluid and the domain object persisted, now the fluid objects persist and the domain object disappears. I raised a ticket on it when I first noticed, but for me fluid sims are a bit few and far between so I can't remember exaclty which update it was that this changed....

It may be that is the general desired behaviour and I am 3d miscreant for wanting it the old way....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

jrs100000 ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 9:04 PM

Hmm I believe that is "working as intended".  The domain mesh becomes the actual fluid when baked and the bounds of the domain become invisible.  If you wish to view or edit the original domain you can either change you view setting to bounds in object mode (for the entire scene or for just the domain object by changing view type to "bounds" under the F7 object tab), or tab into edit mode with the domain selected.

VRG ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 1:38 AM

Was it meant to be 1 October 2008? WHERE'S MY NEW VERSION?? Will somebody please announce it (loud fanfare is good) when it does come out. Thanks in advance!

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 3:31 AM
  • Blender 2.48 testing builds
    October 2, 2008 Work on the release is in progress. This is your last chance to find bugs and get them fixed for 2.48!

if it's going to final beta yesterday I reckon it'll be a month (ish)

----------

VRG ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 3:58 AM

Aaargh! Thanks, Gog. I am going to live with 2.47 as if it is the Omega version... and I just do not want to talk about it, I have nothing further to say. Good night. See you- though not any time soon. Signing off now. Really. *****-----. Bzzt, fzzzt.      !

User VRG is no longer onL

CTRL_ALT_DELETE

_

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.