Tue, Oct 1, 2:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: help I can't save

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 10:16 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 2:14 PM
Site Admin

I'm working with bryce 5.5 and when I try to save my scene I get this message "An unexpected error has occured (out of memory). I've tried shutting down everything I could...even my antivirus and nothing has helped. Any tips, tricks, suggesttions, advice? I don't want to lose all my work, but I'd like to be able to shut down the computer.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 10:23 AM
Forum Moderator

I'd start with basic housekeeping. Defrag, clear cache etc.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 10:25 AM

with bryce 5, you don't loose all your work. it kept happening to me once..there is a post on it somewhere that i wrote.

have you first saved it somewhere? or try looking for where you tried to save it..there may be some strange files there.. 2, if i remember rightly. if there is..shut bryce down.. then try opening the strangely saved file.. one of them should open. when that does.. save as another file in another location..then shut and delete strange files.

hoping that's what is happening to you.

cheers

• rosie

dhama ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 10:26 AM

Take a look at the size of your previous file. If it's around 300mb or more then you may have reached a limit. Ive had a files size of 360mb save ok, but slightly over that and I get an error.
Also try Brysters suggestion.

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 10:27 AM

oh yeah..and good idea later on to defrag and clear stuff like thebryster suggests..do that once a week.. the effort is worth diamonds..

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 12:08 PM
Site Admin

I haven't saved it before. This is a new scene. when I look at where I've saved it, there does show a file that's 10 mb. But i'm guessing that's half the file since the progress indicator shows about 50% before it gave the error.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 12:20 PM

don't shut bryce. you can open two bryce windows.try opening up that 50% version.. ie..open bryce again (you'll have two bryce working ..and then try opening up that folder in the new bryce window that you opned.

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 12:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3134322&ebot_calc_page#message_3134322

i dunno if reading this would help.. this is what happened to me..

vangogh ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 2:35 PM

Try doing a 'save as' and save the file under a new name. If this doesn't work, you may have too many objects in your scene (too high poly count). try deleating one at a time and then save. Also, if you have imported mats that are too high resolution this will cause a problem too. try downsizing any imported photo mats by reducing the dimensions/dpi size and reimport into your scene. Also, and I realize that this is too late to mention but it is helpful for future renders, you should get into the habit of hitting the save button every 5/10 minutes. This way, when you run into a problem in Bryce with saving a file, you won't lose too much of your work from the last save.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 9:09 PM
Site Admin

Thanks all for your help tried most of the suggestions and nothing helped. Other programs started giving me fits so i decided to give up on it and shut everything down Thank you all anyhow.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.