Thu, Sep 19, 8:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: question about poser morphs

cfpage ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 5:40 PM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 6:20 PM

never understood what does or are, external binary morph targets ?

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 7:25 PM

The morph data for the figure/prop/scene is put in a seperate file in binary format instead of being in the same file in text.

A lot of programs that import Poser content don't read them, and they have been troublesome for various reasons (some of which have been fixed by newer version and SRs).
It boils down to Poser being more tolerant of certain mistakes in files when they are text.

pitklad ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 7:41 PM

So the morphs are stored in the pmd file which must have the same name as the .cr2 file?

And also the .cr2 needs to have empty delta for the pmd morphs?

My FreeStuff

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 9:10 PM

Quote - So the morphs are stored in the pmd file which must have the same name as the .cr2 file?

Not always, the PMD file is referenced by whatever file uses it by a path, so it is possible to change the name and edit the referring path.
Also CR2, PP2, and PZ2 files are capable of referencing several PMD files if edited.

Quote - And also the .cr2 needs to have empty delta for the pmd morphs?

Don't really know, I suspect that one set of data will be used for any morph, but without experimenting to find out which, I'd guess that the PMD is probably read after the text data and that the last PMD read will be the one that defines the data for a given morph.

cfpage ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 10:47 AM

thanks now i have a better understanding

pitklad ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 4:43 PM

if PMD files could be read for figures that don't have empty delta files it would be a great solution instead of -inj poses...
Or at least an alternative?

Maybee if there where some add ons to take advantage of it and also the option if a figure uses PMD or not... (if I understand correct if you turn it on everytime you save a figure a PMD file is saved also?)

However I have heard so many times that they make poser act strange that I have deactivated them from the start...

My FreeStuff

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 6:37 PM

Quote - if PMD files could be read for figures that don't have empty delta files it would be a great solution instead of -inj poses...
Or at least an alternative?

They already work like that.

Quote - Maybee if there where some add ons to take advantage of it and also the option if a figure uses PMD or not... (if I understand correct if you turn it on everytime you save a figure a PMD file is saved also?)

However I have heard so many times that they make poser act strange that I have deactivated them from the start...

The "Use external binary morph targets" option only controls whether PMD files are created when something is saved, it has no bearing on them being read when referenced by a file, i.e. PMD files are always read, but you have a choice as to whether they're created.

pitklad ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 6:42 PM

oh! so if you have Use external binary morph targets ON you get an option whenever you save a file or you have to set it OFF/ON from preferences?

My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.