Sun, Sep 22, 4:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: rendering using more than 1 pc

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:10 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:24 PM

can any one tell me if it is possible to render an image in PP using two networked pcs to work on the same image?

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:16 PM · edited Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:17 PM

no. it's 1 pc 1 image.

buttt! what if you were to blank out half the image with a black plane in 1 frame.. do the opersite in the next frame and render that out to file then join them in photoshop to one image? would that render faster I wonder? sorry just thinking out loud...

anyone able to try that idea?

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:23 PM

so what exactly is external render about?

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:37 PM

"BOOKMARK"

I am interested in this since I have the idea to build a render farm.

I did take a fast look at Kerkythea, and it looks that it suports network rendering.
But so far, Kerkythea dont suport Poser files.
In the litle free time I have I also look into other programs such as Carara Pro, who also suport network rendering and suport Poser files.

All interesting stuff  😄

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:41 PM

the more I think about it the more it seems it could work..

take the scene in PP. setup a blank plane to mask the camera so the one half of the frame is blanked out. set that as frame 1. then in frame 2, reverse the plane to mask the other side. now in theory, you get 2 PC's in the render q rendering the same image.. you just have to stitch them yourself... now, if that works, it could be expanded out to quarter or even more the image.. could be done easily with a python script.. and stitching the images together would'nt be a problem in Photoshop or Gimp...

damn it.. I wish I had PP to try this idea out with...

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:42 PM

itried carara but somthings didnt seem to work in particular imported background images were left black and some objects had no texture thay just came out grey i tried it as i was just looking for somthing that would render a poser scene with no xtra  messing about once finished in PP

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:45 PM

this sounds an interesting idear but how do you set up a blank plane im fairly new to this

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 8:50 PM

bigdave1960, Thanks for the Carara thing, I have to look into it more and try the trial version than.

Khai, I dont have Poser at hand atm to try this, but was thinking.

Is it not posible instead of using a plane to put a part up of the scene in every frame?
So you only need to click trou the frames and render that part.

Just a thought.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 8:58 PM

you could.. but the plane would be easier the easier idea to implement

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 9:08 PM

It is easyer indeed, however as I know from the top of my head.
Poser still loads all the textures etc, also for the parts you block out of view.

Only place the items in the scene that you want to render in that "layer" to my idea reduces the render time a lot.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 9:17 PM

you misunderstand

the idea is to reduce render times by splitting the 1 image between PC's, not by reducing render time on 1 PC.

at the moment you can't split 1 image for rendering between 2 PC's with PP. can't do it. Each PC gets 1 image (or frame) to render and then it moves to the next.

but, in theory, if you split the image into 2 halves over 2 frames of animation with the plane idea I've said, you can then split 1 image over 2 PCs (or more.. say if you used planes to split the image into quarters and send them to 4 PC's). you won't reduce render time on the individual PC.. but you'll have 2 PC's rendering the same picture... and there's your speed increase.

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 9:36 PM · edited Wed, 08 October 2008 at 9:37 PM

Ah, my bad, sorry..your right.
I got things mixed up.

When I have more time I look into this.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 12:20 AM

Hopefully Kerkythea will get Poser import at some point. Meanwhile, if you're game, you can try POVRay: www.povray.org which can render Poser files via PoseRay: mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/   There is a network rendering add-on for POVRay: www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm though I haven't tried it. The downside is that you won't be able to use Poser shaders or dynamic hair/cloth but if by PP you mean ProPack that wouldn't be an issue - Poser Pro already had network rendering no?

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.