Sun, Sep 22, 4:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: locking characters to gether

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 4:47 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:31 PM

having created 2 characters in PP is it possible to lock them together so that the could be moved around in the scene as if they were 1?

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 5:02 AM

Load a sphere prop, hide it, and make the prop the parent of both characters  (Figure -> Set Figure Parent) - and then move the sphere prop.

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 8:09 AM
Online Now!

You can actually parent one character to the other without creating the props.  Simply select the body part you want your second character to be parented to (i.e. Hip) and then move the first character to it's new location.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 1:22 PM

many thanks

Slowhands ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 1:50 PM

Parenting on Person to another is a great way to do this if it is a single frame. But note if are wanting to use the people in an animation. This will cause problems where the body parts are parented to. Example:

I was making a Slow dance with a couple, I parented them at the hips to keep them close as they moved. The only problem with this is, if you move the legs . The person who is parented  to the other. their whole body bend with any hip movement you apply to that characture.

The good news was, I was able to use them from the waist up, they animate great above the hips. I used them as a couple moving in front of the main dance couple. But as for the main charactures, you need to bite the bullet and animate the dance moves. It's really not that hard to do, unless you want them to do something wild like the Tango. That will test your skills as an animator.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.