Tue, Oct 22, 9:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: H3/David Weird Glutes

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2008 at 9:27 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:51 AM

I'm trying to create an athletic character with D3 to be a young warrior in a comic.  The problem is if I do anything with the glutes to make them bigger a weird lump appears near the hip.  This doesn't seem to happen with M3, but H3 and D3 are the ones that make the best character for this.

The issue is then when he's wearing the clothes I need him to wear, either a Roman skirt (is it called a skirt) for battle or a loin cloth (for training,) if he's shown from any angle from the front except dead on, the bulges (part of the glute at the top) make him look like he's way too large there or he has a tail.

Are there any glute morphs for H3 or D3 that don't have those big bulges at the top near the hip?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2008 at 6:40 AM

I would believe that the skirt covers the glute area anyway so it would be irrelevant to morph that area.  But consider the dynamics of why the glutes should be larger.  Is he standing naturally or flexed?  Or is he engaging in some type of activity which require that area of his body to bulge?  Remember that all body muscles do not bulge all the time, only respond to the pose or the action.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2008 at 12:29 PM

I use WW2 to convert the clothing to him, so it kind of conforms and the bulge is then visible.  It's there even in the joint zero position, un-posed.  He looks like an alien.

metabog ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2008 at 12:09 PM · edited Mon, 13 October 2008 at 12:10 PM

Have you tried using magnets? I've gotten some nice results creating heroic sized glutes for various male figures using magnets. You can set the magnet adjustments to also affect the hip and then you don't get that weird cleft you were referring to. Then there's a python script you can use to create a full body morph that includes the magnet adjustments. (I haven't really tried this myself yet but its supposed to work) You can use that FBM when doing your wardrobe wizard conversions. 

It takes some experimentation to get the hang of placing and sizing the magnet components but you can really get some nice results if you have the time to noodle around with them.

flibbits ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2008 at 3:18 PM

How can the magnet be set to also affect the hip?  I don't know how to do that. 

metabog ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2008 at 6:00 PM · edited Mon, 13 October 2008 at 6:03 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_415508.jpg

After you assign a magnet to the left or right buttock, then click the Properties Tab on the paramater dials. (Make sure your Magnet 1 actor is selected from the props pulldown) On that Properties Tab you'll click the button "Add Element to Deform" and you can then select the hip from your Figure 1 body parts list.

Here's settings I used to give my M3 figure heroic sized glutes. You'll probably have to adjust these setting a bit to work for Hiro or David. There's still a small bit of cleft you can see at the top of the right buttock but may not matter much if you are clothing the figure.

Left Buttock

Mag 1
Scale=120%

Mag Base 1
Scale=18%
xtran=.333
y tran=2.733
z tran=-0.082

Mag Zone 1
Scale=9%
xtran=.333
y tran=3.210
z tran=-0.082

Right Buttock

Mag 1
Scale=120%

Mag Base 1
Scale=18%
xtran=.333
y tran=2.733
z tran=-0.082

Mag Zone 1
Scale=9%
xtran=.333
y tran=3.210
z tran=-0.082

At top is a shot of how it looks, (this disrobed backside is for anatomical purposes and not intended to titillate or offend)

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 6:57 AM

Thanks.

It's not the "heroic size" that's the problem.  The glute dials can make them big.  It's the getting rid of the weird bump at the top that shows from even frontal 3/4 views, which this should accomplish.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.