Tue, Oct 22, 3:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: vue7.com

alexcoppo ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 6:40 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:59 AM

If you go to www.vue7.com, you can see a largish (800x600) render which shows they new clouds. To me, they look almost photorealistic.

There is nothing else on the site and the name of the JPG is comingsoon.jpg; let's hope that E-On concept of soon is different from DAZ one.

Bye!!!

P.S.: I STILL question E-On embargo on Vue7 renders; after 2 1/2 months from SIGGRAPH, we have ONLY ONE image...

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Trepz ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 7:39 PM

Yours isnt to question...yours is to buy(;

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 4:15 AM

Trepz,
roflmao! lol classic! ;) True, but hehe good!

Alex,
I'm just waiting for it and would rather wait and NOT get a buggy version, that has new, good features.
I'd buy E-On beer if they add particles :D

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

impish ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 4:23 AM

I can't say I blame them.  Putting pictures out into the public fora would be somewhat akin to dropping some tasty meat into a pool full of ravenous pirahna fish.  Each one would be picked apart in minute detail without knowing if what was being discussed was a feature, something the artist who made the picture decided to do or just too much talking about the picture. 

Of course we could go down the Michael 4 route and put out a few pictures and have a 50 page (last time I checked at Daz 3D).  We've had to wait how long for M4?

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Xpleet ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 5:54 AM · edited Wed, 15 October 2008 at 5:54 AM

Jeez what is the reason we can't make those Clouds in Vue6? I mean it's weird and something must be wrong with the current system. I have tried so many functions.

kromekat ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 6:03 AM

Quote - Jeez what is the reason we can't make those Clouds in Vue6? I mean it's weird and something must be wrong with the current system. I have tried so many functions.

Because it crashes randomly at any given moment!?

Seriously - how does anyone use Vue to complete an image without it falling over 20-30 times???

They should fix Vue 6 before making Vue 7, as I suspect it will be just as unstable.

Adam :/

Adam Benton | www.kromekat.com

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 1:32 PM

I dunno - I've not managed to crash Vue in ages unless I was doing something really dumb.  I definitely think they need to look at the Mac stability though.  It seems (from threads here and at Cornucopia) that the Mac version is a bit flaky

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 1:45 PM

Kromekat,
doesn't crash much for me, PC, Vista 64 bit, Nvidia card, Vue6 Infinite.
Xstream and Mac users seem to have had problems, Xstream particularly.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 3:04 PM

V6I, Vista64, 8GB, very few crashes. Maybe once or twice per week, with several hours of work every day.

Those clouds are awesome. I've also tried to do that myself but never quite succeeded.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2008 at 5:21 PM

Quote - I can't say I blame them.  Putting pictures out into the public fora would be somewhat akin to dropping some tasty meat into a pool full of ravenous pirahna fish.

Or dropping tasty meat into a pub full of football hooligans! Hehehehehe

My Facebook Page

impish ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 7:34 AM

:-)

I did have a few other analogies lined up but cut them for fear someone might think I was trolling ;-)

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.