Tue, Oct 22, 12:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: another planet for DL

Xpleet ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 5:40 PM · edited Thu, 19 October 2023 at 3:31 AM

Made this one a while ago but I had no use for it, so I've just put it up, so people who have interest in making scenery involving galactic things can have a gain from this.

dl http://ifile.it/gqm7a4t

Thanks again, JC for that fantastic planetary (atmo)sphere ;)

PS: A question: Why the heck does Vue change this planet's procedural outcome if I simply move the object?

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 6:13 PM

Because your material must be in the world coordinates. Which means that fractal origine is computed not from the center of the object, but the center of the world. If the object is moved, it then creates an offset in the material. To avoid this, change coordinates to object standard or parametric. Parametric will change the scale of the material though.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 6:28 PM

Thanks for mooning us!  :biggrin:  Looks great!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 4:17 AM · edited Wed, 15 October 2008 at 4:21 AM

Xpleet,
oh, ta for that bud! :)

Oh, I'd recommened adding a VERY little luminosity to the atmospherel ike 3 or 4% :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Xpleet ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2008 at 5:33 AM · edited Wed, 15 October 2008 at 5:41 AM

Quote - Xpleet,
oh, ta for that bud! :)

Oh, I'd recommened adding a VERY little luminosity to the atmospherel ike 3 or 4% :)

hey silverblade, what are you missing there, I think it's glowing quite a lot lol, in case you talk about those sci-fi 'overdone' atmosphers, I never liked those :(

Maybe i Should have added more blue

so it would look a little more realistic like the first unfaked Nasa pic of Mars.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.