Mon, Sep 23, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Following the KURV Studios Viper Project video in Modo.

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 12:25 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 7:19 AM

file_415022.jpg

As the subject says, this lightwave tut is easy to follow in Modo, and well worth the money. :)

Greywolf

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 12:27 PM

file_415023.jpg

Wings detailed and added.

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 12:28 PM

file_415024.jpg

Tailfin assembly finished, and that is where I am at the moment.

Greywolf

strata ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 12:42 PM

Looking great so far. Now, make it airborne. :) Strata

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” Nikola Tesla

tantarus ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 1:13 PM

Very nice modeling :)

Tihomir

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

BlackHarmo ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 6:13 PM

Very nice. Neat modeling indeed.
Maybe I'll buy it, then try and model it with Wings3D :-)

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2008 at 8:52 PM

file_415112.jpg

Finished the rear end nurnies. :)

Greywolf

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 10:23 AM

file_415737.jpg

Landing Gear. :)

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 10:23 AM

file_415738.jpg

Just finished UVmapping the main areas of the fuselage. I won't know if I did it right until I start the texturing phase. Here's what I've done on the cockpit so far. The area behind the canopy is being redone, as in the tut, it was modeled without an opening canopy in mind. ![](http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/images/smilies/new/smile.gif "Smile")

Eric

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 12:41 AM

file_416479.jpg

Fuselage and engine casings UVmapped and textured, tail and wings UVmaaped, but no time to texture them yet. :)

Eric

tantarus ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 3:29 AM

Fantastic work :)

Tihomir

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 10:21 AM

I should mention that I deviated from the tutorial quite a bit. The tut makes an excellent viper, but
I wanted more detail, so I modeled the panels, the cockpit, and the landing gear. :)

Greywolf

contrafibbularities ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 7:18 PM

Thanks for this thread! I've been looking for a detailed tutorial on modeling a viper for some time, and this is exactly what I need. Wish there were more commercial scifi training sets like this one.

Your model looks friggin' awesome! Great job, and well done on the extras (plating, landing gear etc.)!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.