Sun, Oct 6, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser, Postwork, and Plugins

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 8:39 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 8:24 PM

I was wondering if there were any Plugins that are a must have when doing postwork? I use PaintShop Pro 9 when touching up my renders. I also have Photoshop 7.

I'm mainly interested in cool effects on the skin, be it a soft glow, dramatic effect, etc. I realize you can do all this in PSP9. Still, I wondered, if there are Plugins which offer much more?

Thanks in advance.

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 10:10 AM

For PhotoShop you can try and google for actions.

Some actions are very interesting to use in postwork.

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 10:47 AM

Quote - For PhotoShop you can try and google for actions.

Some actions are very interesting to use in postwork.

Is "Actions" the name of the filter?

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 11:00 AM · edited Fri, 17 October 2008 at 11:05 AM

"Actions" are plug ins for PS.

Actualy they are litle programs, or better recording for special effects.

If you create special effects in PS, you can record them and save as a action.
So next time you want to use the same effect, just run the action and let the program do it for you.

A lot of people put those actions on the net, you can download them and use them in PS.

Just google "actions for photoshop" and you get pages full with those nifty little buggers :biggrin:

Edit:

Quote:

An action is a series of tasks that you play back on a single file or a batch of files - menu commands, palette options, tool actions, and so on. You can create an action that changes the size of an image, applies a filter to the image for a particular effect, and then saves the file in the desired format. Nice, isn’t it !

Actions can include stops that let you perform tasks that cannot be recorded (for example, using a painting tool).

Photoshop and Illustrator come with predefined actions installed that help you perform common tasks. You can use these actions as is, customize them to meet your needs, or create new actions. Actions are stored in sets to help you organize them.

You can record, edit, customize, and batch-process actions, and you can manage groups of actions by working with action sets.

Unquote.

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 11:17 AM

**Jestertjuuh,

Thank You. 😄

IsaoShi ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 11:45 AM

Attached Link: AdamWright's RMP Store

To get an idea of the range of Photoshop actions that are available, just take a look at AdamWright's store here at RMP.

(I have no connection with this vendor, other than I bought something off him once).

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 2:19 PM

Quote - To get an idea of the range of Photoshop actions that are available, just take a look at AdamWright's store here at RMP.

(I have no connection with this vendor, other than I bought something off him once).

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 6:58 PM

In other programs like Word and Excel they are called macros. You can record your own. Lots of cool stuffage out there.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 10:51 PM

there's zillions (10 to the rediculous) of plugins for Photoshop out there. It might be a good idea to tell us what version you're using.

also, there's a Photoshop forum here as well, if you want to go straight to the source...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2008 at 8:17 AM · edited Sat, 18 October 2008 at 8:22 AM

I stated above I have both PSP9 and Photoshop 7.

Thanks to the poster IsaoShi, I found exactly what I was looking for. No need to go to the Photoshop section. Besides,  we were speaking about Poser and postwork and since a great number of Poser people do postwork, I thought it best to ask here and it turns out it was. :)

kalon ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 2:49 PM

You might also try this site for (free) photoshop actions: http://www.atncentral.com/
And as far as (free) plug-in filters (if you are on Windows), I recommend: Virtual Photographer and Xero Plug-in Filters

kalonart.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.