Wed, Sep 18, 7:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 10:15 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: What is going on with Trick or Treat??

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 7:32 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:53 AM

Earlier today I got freebies from the  Trick or Treat  area , put them in my cart, checked out and was able to download them asap without paying $ 5.00 first.
After all , this was adervertised as FREEBIES.

Also there were 3 pages earlier.

Due to heavy traffic on site I checked back there later tonight to see what is on the othe 2 pages but it was only 2 pages and now one has to pay $ 5.00???

I only noticed after I tried over and over again to check out because it now tells me that I have not put in the minimum amount of $.5.00 to my Order.

I just do not understand why it was all FREE a few hours ago , had 3 pages  and only a few hours later it all has changed and we are asked to pay  $.5.00.

I was over the Moon ealier to be able to get FREEBIES and now I have to abondon my shopping cart with the freebies because I can not afford them. 

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 7:59 PM

I got them earlier as well.  My guess is that the demand outstripped the capacity of the system-Adam Smith's invisible hand at work.  They should have spread them out over several days.

I've no idea why there are now only 2 pages now, tho'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 8:05 PM

Well I think  they should have known what would happen reg. the Server capacity when they started the Trick or Treat.
I was so looking forward to this and had Ideas for new Images with the items in the cart.

Should they not have done this $ 5.00 in the first place so that people do not get so upset when they come back and see it all has changed.
Is it really only me being upset about this.

At least a mail was send out now.

I so wanted what is in the Cart. sighh

Black-Carrie ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 8:52 PM

Hey, you have to pay for an item  on your wishlist, so calm down! There are so many goodies, that are come in handy! I have downloaded them for free and after I have read this newsletter, I have made a purchase to verify my downloads! I think it is much more than the 10%-savings, if you buy things worth 25 $ 😄

Only my opinion, so please don´t beating me too hard

-Wolfie- ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 9:23 PM · edited Mon, 20 October 2008 at 9:25 PM
Online Now!

Well it's not really a big deal having to spend $5.. if it had been originally advertised that way.  It's like receiving a Christmas gift from someone, but it comes with a bill as well, that must be paid prior to receiving your gift.  pffft.

Had they advertised it as a $5 freebie grab bag right from the beginning it wouldn't have seemed so bad, and I doubt anyone would have said anything about it.. but changing it mid way through, in my opinion, is down right dirty, and I doubt I will be looking through the freebies anymore.  Very disappointing.

Freebies that cost you..? Interesting concept.  :-)

~Wolfie~

Helping everyone is the most rewarding failure you'll ever experience.
    - Ray Augé (~Wolfie~'s hubby)

Anything is more stable than Windows . . .
--- Even a relationship based purely on sex!

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

No meat was harmed during the making of this TV dinner.
    - Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 9:30 PM

Hi Wolfie,
this is what I was trying to say.
The $ 5.00 is not really an issue BUT the way they changed it without a word.

I feel as if I was lured into having a peek in the sweetie shop and get some tasters and then suddenly I have to pay.

First it is FREE all round and in the middle while people where happy and filling their carts it changed and suddenly a price has to be paid for what was advertised FREE.

It was handled badly and in my opinion not professional.

I fully agree with Wolfie , if it was $.5.00 from the very beginning no one would have even mentioned anything.

-Wolfie- ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 9:52 PM
Online Now!

Yes, exactly.  :-)

~Wolfie~

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

Khory_D ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 11:51 PM

"I fully agree with Wolfie , if it was $.5.00 from the very beginning no one would have even mentioned anything."

I'm not dead sure about that. I know that I don't like giving gifts where the person I am giving it to gets charged for it. And worse yet not by me! We pulled our products so that they could be put on our web site and in the regular free stuff outlets so they would be what we had intended them to be. a gift.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

cujoe_da_man ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:24 AM

I wouldn't have minded so much if the price tag was mentioned in the beginning... even a page brought up before you got to the freebies stating that there was a problem and things had to change would have been acceptable, but yeah, getting home when the message had arrived hours ago and finding it isn't true, that is not acceptable.  Someone had to make the decision to change the idea and didn't stop to say "hey, we need to let people know".

dallas40m ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:56 AM

I just spent a bunch of cash a couple days ago..... I am offended that I would be required to make another purchase just to get something that the creators gave them to give out free.......  If required to make a $5 purchase then it is not free........  And Im upset that since ive just got done paying for a purchase a few days ago that I would be asked to pay more now........  Till this changes, I seriously doubt that I will be spending any more here.......It is just wrong.......

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:22 AM

I am glad I am no the only one that thinks this way about the Trick and Treat.

I am by no means a greedy person, I  have spend so much money here at RMP every month BUT those items were FREE as in go and get them in the cart and enjoy.
Why suddenly this change to pay for your gift?

I truly feel as if I was teased with goodies for free only to get a slap in the face when I wanted to get them.
It is  wrong and I do hope RMP will take the price tag off the FREEBIES or they need to change the world FREEBIES to CHEAPIES

ecurbsemaj ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 10:15 AM

Same experience here, first they were free, then it was $5.00. Perhaps in todays economy free has taken on a new meaning. On the other hand, you get what you pay for.

-Wolfie- ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 11:13 AM · edited Tue, 21 October 2008 at 11:16 AM
Online Now!

Quote - I fully agree with Wolfie , if it was $.5.00 from the very beginning no one would have even mentioned anything."

I'm not dead sure about that. I know that I don't like giving gifts where the person I am giving it to gets charged for it. And worse yet not by me! We pulled our products so that they could be put on our web site and in the regular free stuff outlets so they would be what we had intended them to be. a gift.

That is a very good point Khory_D!  We probably would have said something.. because 'free' means free.. no charge, zip, zilch, zero.. not a free with a minimum purchase.  tisk tisk.

I do want to thank you also, for standing up to it, by pulling your items.  If that doesn't get the point across to rendo, then well......  you know where I am going with this.  :-)

Quote - On the other hand, you get what you pay for.

True, but the first day the freebie thing started, I was lucky enough to actually get stuff for free, there was this green gown... Envy if I recall (I haven't downloaded any of it yet) and when I saw it, I was like 'what?? free?? seriously??' as it was gorgeous!

It's probably still there, but I haven't been back since they changed free to minimum purchase...

~Wolfie~

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 11:24 AM

Quote - "I fully agree with Wolfie , if it was $.5.00 from the very beginning no one would have even mentioned anything."

I want to thank your for your support and pulling your freebies.
What  happend with the Trick and Treat was very wrong.

PrestonW ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 11:41 AM

Please see the information posted in the Front Page article link below regarding the Trick or Treat event.

http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=14285

Thank You,

Preston

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 11:44 AM

I want to thank you Preston for letting us know.
I am glad that it got solved so quickly and you found a good solution to let FREE stay FREE.

PrestonW ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:06 PM

It is going to take a little time to make our changes. Please give us till this afternoon to make the necessary adjustments and get all the freebies on the front page in an article (like the annual holliday giveaway)

Preston

-Wolfie- ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:27 PM · edited Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:30 PM
Online Now!

Quote - It is going to take a little time to make our changes. Please give us till this afternoon to make the necessary adjustments and get all the freebies on the front page in an article (like the annual holliday giveaway)

Preston

Thanks Preston, I was just going to say 'they're working on a solution right now...'

~Wolfie~

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:13 PM

The new article is up with the freebies

http://www.renderosity.com:80/news.php?viewStory=14272

Enjoy!!

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:23 PM

Oh I am so happy, heading over and start dl now.
wooohooo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.