Thu, Sep 19, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New WIP. Cottage scene

dhama ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:19 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:49 PM

file_415979.jpg

Turning my attention to a little project that i've been meaning to do for a long time, a replica of a cottage hotel where I used to stay in the Lake District, UK. This is the work so far. Used a terrain for the main brick/stonework of the building and then used primitives for the rest so far. The heightmap was again taken from a photo to keep the nuances of the old building i.e. like the windows beeing slightly different sizes and shapes. Then added a little erosion around the windows to give it more character. Exaggeration I think, gives the building a more painted look, and less Bryce blockiness. Texturework was added from MATs. I've added a photo of the working copy that was kindly donated by my friend Kev (Staticon). For some reason, I never took a photograph of the hotel myself, in all the times I stayed there LOL! Incidently, my old room was 2nd upstairs window from the left.

dhama ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:19 AM · edited Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:29 AM

file_415982.jpg

The WIP......

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:54 AM

nice replication...  the original building must be very old..  the outside wall is bulging a little...  at least it looks like that in the photo...  you need a little dirt on your model's texture...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dhama ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:19 AM

file_415983.jpg

Further to the work in progress, added a wall, a stoney ground and a tree. Texture work is far from finished. I leave the lighting till last, I need everything in it's correct place first, and seeing as the textures are a WIP as well, as the lighting would change depending on the textures/MATs.

dhama ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:24 AM

file_415984.jpg

This is the terrain mesh.

dhama ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:26 AM

file_415985.jpg

And the meshes of the complete scene so far.

dhama ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:28 AM

BTW, the tree is from Flink's oak trees.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:30 AM
Forum Moderator

I could be wrong but wasn't this the scene of a gruesome murder a VERY long time ago?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

sackrat ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 8:58 AM

Looks great so far !

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 9:14 AM · edited Tue, 21 October 2008 at 9:16 AM

Looking good man...these "Hollywood" [one sided] buildings you make are very effective...well done.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dhama ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 10:41 AM

Quote - I could be wrong but wasn't this the scene of a gruesome murder a VERY long time ago?

Wel it is haunted at least. It was a farm a long time ago, but the current owners have been there for some time, and I never heard of any murders there.

Here is the finished article: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1767248

This is a personal favourite place of mine, so it won't be ending up in free stuff. However, with all the info in this and the last buildings thread, one should be able to quickly build there own cottage. 😄

Stoner ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 1:05 AM

I think you´re coming along great. You´ve really got the right modeling-skills to get the most out of this project.

Good spelling is overaytead

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.