Fri, Aug 2, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: Please critique skin texture

Darth Opus ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 6:31 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:02 PM

file_185134.jpg

I'm testing out a method for making skin textures in Photoshop and would like some input as to how realistic it looks if at all. Ignore the seam as I'm just testing techniques and not doing the whole texture. Keep in mind it is still a work in progress. thanks, Darth Opus

Darth Opus ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 6:48 PM

file_185136.jpg

Here's another with more red

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 6:51 PM

I cant make out anything except color...jpg compression maybe?

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 7:32 PM

Both are quite good

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2001 at 12:45 AM

If you are going to do hi-rez mapping, you may wish to do a bump map for the skin, set at less than full percentage. This will allow the texture to be silky in those areas which are naturally less weathered, and a bit rougher on arms and legs and other exposed areas. (We do have hair on arms and legs, which even if very fine still will dull the apparent surface.) Skin color will often be affected more by lighting, so you may wish to just settle on something which looks healthy for the type of woman (ethnicity) you are creating: a woman from Greece will not be as pink as a woman from Scotland. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.