Mon, Sep 30, 11:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: dynamic clothing question

bg36 ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:06 PM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 9:50 PM

Attached Link: coat/sweater combo for the girl

I have an outfit I modeled myself, for the Girl.   I wanted to use it in Poser 6, and also hand it out with my other items for the Girl.

The out fit consists of a skirt,( skirt was modeled by Gerald Day, and reused with his permission :)  ) sweater, and a blazer. I  wanted to use the cloth room on the blazer, as I did the sweater, but when I do, it goes thru the sweater and collides against the Girl. 

As you can imagine, the poke thru is horrible then.

I've looked thru the buttons, and haven't found anything that will allow the blazer to hit the sweater.
Should I use the collision depth button for this?

Or is there another way I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any help

shuy ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:35 PM

Make 3 simulations

1. skirt collide against Girl
  2. blazer collide against Girl and skirt
  3. sweater collide against Girl, skirt and blezer

Calculate simulation in above order. If calculation takes too much time in simulations check only important body parts, not whole girl body.

You can either save whole outfit as a 1 obj/prop. You can make 1 simulation, collide against body but you must remember check "cloth self collision". Calculating this simulation can take more time then calculating 3 simulations mentioned above.

bg36 ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:59 PM

thanks for your advice :)
  I did also find one thing i wasn't doing right.  I would import my blazer into poser, but had n't saved it as a poser prop so it wasn't showing up in the collision list till I did that :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.