Thu, Sep 19, 4:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Here's what you can get me for Xmas

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 4:17 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 2:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/feature-3d-printer-fits-on-your-desk-creates-functional-prototypes-in-minutes

A 3D printer that makes models directly with moving parts and what not. :P

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 4:21 PM

I've heard thres a company in czechoslovakia that does rapid prototyping at very low prices (compared to market standards) but high quality (good enough for optical prototyping)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 4:23 PM

file_416370.jpg

Nice, but this is what your really getting 😉

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 4:23 PM

hm.. a conquest then!

dhama ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 4:38 PM

How the hell can they call that a printer? It doesn't 'print' the models. Why can't manufacturers ever think up a new name for these things...Printer? It's no more a printer than I am an artist... :lol:

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 4:54 PM

well, i think they're aiming for the generalist 3d artist consumer market, so..

dhama ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 4:57 PM

Well that counts me out then I'm only a Sergeantist artist (recently promoted I might add)

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:02 PM

whats wrong with calling it a printer? check the dictionary, the various descriptions are broad enough to encompass the technologies used in 3d prototyping. it's still making an impression in or on a surface.. either you buildup the material, or you imprint the shape into the material.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

dhama ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:11 PM

Don't buy it; sorry. :closedeyes:

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:15 PM

well what would you call it then?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

dhama ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:20 PM

Probably a 3D object layering machine since it builds up the objects with layers....

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:25 PM

I would like Charlize Theron for Christmas.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:25 PM

Thanks for the link!!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

dhama ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:42 PM

Theres a link for Charlize Theron?... where?

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 11:23 PM

It is hard to believe it outputs the model with working gears...  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 4:49 AM · edited Mon, 27 October 2008 at 4:50 AM
dhama ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 6:11 AM

Nice, but i'm waiting for the first desktop replicator technology to arrive..... 'earl grey; hot'.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 7:43 AM
Forum Moderator

I don't think the gears actually worked.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 9:48 AM

a fabricator? We have something like that at work here, it deposits plastic in tiny layers until you have a model. It goes for 50 grand...;)

I'd call it George, but maybe we can call it a fabricator, a McGuffin, a trans-flux capacitor...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 11:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Greebleizer?
Make-stuff-like-Bryster-izer?

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 4:13 PM

Quote - Probably a 3D object layering machine since it builds up the objects with layers....

thats a very long name and refers to only one method of 3d prototyping. "printer" is a more generalized term. specifics are usually added to it if needed; matrix printer, inkjet printer, laser printer, etc.
If a new term is needed to replace the word 'printer' it needs to be a bit more generalized then that.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 6:15 PM

All I want for Christmas is a french kiss from Jolene Blalock ... but that ain't gonna happen either.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 6:21 PM

Call it a replicator...
Sorry if my Trekkie side is showing.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 7:25 PM

Believe me, I'm 'the printer guy' at work, so I know what you mean. I don't really think of it as a printer either...;) I just had to get an IP for it..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 4:01 AM
Forum Moderator

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 9:46 AM
Forum Moderator

Humbug!

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 2:28 PM

Bah... LOL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.