Thu, Oct 3, 1:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: After 12 renders my kitchen worktop loses its reflection

renderclipps ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 1:03 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:34 PM

file_416680.jpg

Hi All

I rendering a 250+ frames scene to images in P7. After approx 12 renders, I lose the lovely reflection on the kitchen worktop, it just becomes a matt surface. I have no idea why it does this, I'm thinking a memory issue but I have 6Gb in this machine. Any ideas?

renderclipps ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 1:03 AM

file_416681.jpg

heres the other pic

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 6:42 AM

You haven't accidentally animated your worktop material, I suppose? 

renderclipps ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 11:25 AM

Quote - You haven't accidentally animated your worktop material, I suppose? 

I don't think so
For example frame 171 has the correct reflection & 172 has no reflection. If i go back and try and render frame 171 I now get the incorrect no reflection.

MungoPark ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 11:26 AM

You haven't accidentally animated your worktop material, I suppose? 

or animated the lights ?

renderclipps ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 2:17 PM

Good point with the lights, they didn't seem to be animated but the animation box was ticked. I unticked and tried again, same thing happened.

By animating the worktop do you mean adding a movie to the texture or a proceedure map? The image for the worktop is the default material that came with the figure. Thats the one I'm using but otherwise I don't know how to check if its animated.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 2:36 PM

I would open the keyframe editor and look at the line for the countertop, it should have no keyframes. If there is one not at frame 1 expand it to see what parameter is keyframed. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.