Mon, Sep 9, 4:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT - Our Rosie Needs Our Support

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 9:15 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 9:31 PM
Forum Moderator

Hello, Everybody.

Rosie (erosiaart) has left the UK and is now at home in India. Sadly, she could not find a post in London for her many talents and even worse, her 84 yo Father is very seriously ill.

I know she is struggling alone to keep things together through an extremely difficult period in her life and I think it is time for us to send whatever thoughts, prayers and blessings we can spare to this wonderful lady.

This forum has always been very supportive to its members and I hope you will all join me in wishing or praying for much better times for our Rosie.

Thank you.
Chris
The Bryster
Forum Coordinator

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

staigermanus ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 11:11 AM

hey Bryster, do you know where in India she is and how long? There's a small remote chance I might be in India in 2 months or so, perhaps I could arrange to meet and deliver wishes and donations if I happen to be in the same town. I know, it's a longshot.

I'm going to offer the following:   if you use the free offer of PD Particles (or others in the near future) through our special TrialPay offer (free to you with a trial of another vendor's promoted service or product), I'll add your TrialPay's excess revenue (above internal minimum payout) to Rosie's account.

(If you're not familiar with Trialpay, check http://www.thebest3d.com/pdp/sales and follow the TrialPay offer link. Essentially: if you choose to try something else such as a trial subscription or eval of another product available through trialpay, then you get PD Particles paid for, by them. They in fact, more often than not, pay more than my set minimum payout limit. That excess is what will be donated to Rosie. )

-Philip
thebest3d.com - beyond digital painting

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 11:18 AM
Forum Moderator

Philip...you got sitemail.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 12:04 PM

That is sad news...at my ever accelerating age I see a lot of this amongst my friends, myself included as I recently did palative care for my Mom around the same age and it does wear one down a bit...Rosie our Love and Prayers are winging your way dear...hang in there....
Bryster...feel free to forward this to her.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

AnnieD ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 12:59 PM

I can spare lots of prayers for rosie. 
If you see this rosie...know that you are in my prayer basket...I wish lots of good fortune for you and your family!!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 3:16 PM

Rosie - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.
Angela

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 5:55 PM

Rosie, From one parent caregiver to another, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 6:00 PM

I'm sorry to hear that she is going through bad times...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:08 PM · edited Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:08 PM

Rosie,  you have always been one of the bright spots here.  I have said prayer for you and yours.  I hope it is not inappropriate to send love your way.
Willie

dhama ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 1:06 AM

I've not really known you erosiaart, but will send you my prayers as well in the only way I know how.

Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om................................

May your coming weeks and months fill you with the strength to endure
May all Buddhas and Bodhisatvas help you in this difficult time
And May all your sufferings diminish like a drop in the oceans

Not sure what your faith is, but hope nothing here offends. :wub:

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 6:31 AM

Quote - I've not really known you erosiaart, but will send you my prayers as well in the only way I know how.

Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om
Om Mani Peme Om................................

May your coming weeks and months fill you with the strength to endure
May all Buddhas and Bodhisatvas help you in this difficult time
And May all your sufferings diminish like a drop in the oceans

Not sure what your faith is, but hope nothing here offends. :wub:

That was very lovely, dhama

TS

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 12:04 PM

I dunno what to write. i'm sitting out here..tears streaming down my face as I read this post. I'm just so overcome by all your kindness and prayers and love. It's giving me so much hope and assurance that I'm not alone. And it is such a great comfort knowing this. 

I've been told by elders that Dad may not last the year.. he's slowly giving up. The dr says he will live. And day by day, I watch him waver into giving up or living. This afternoon. he insistied on doing a bit of light yoga, all which has to be done lying on the bed. This evening..at dinner..i could see how tired and fed up he was of it all..the pain. the weakness, and not being able to sit longer than ten minutes. And life.  Pakinsons has its tight grip on him. Osteo has fractured all his back bones. He's lost his appetite and lost a lot of weight within 3 weeks. .I don't have family in India except him. So everything is on me.

i know I disappeared.. and I'm sorry. I ought ot have known I have friends here who care.

Bless your hearts. And thank you for being here and for being you.

dhama ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2008 at 1:58 PM

Quote -
I've been told by elders that Dad may not last the year.. he's slowly giving up. The dr says he will live. And day by day, I watch him waver into giving up or living. This afternoon. he insistied on doing a bit of light yoga, all which has to be done lying on the bed. This evening..at dinner..i could see how tired and fed up he was of it all..the pain. the weakness, and not being able to sit longer than ten minutes. And life.  Pakinsons has its tight grip on him. Osteo has fractured all his back bones. He's lost his appetite and lost a lot of weight within 3 weeks. .I don't have family in India except him. So everything is on me.

I found the following to be appropriate, and hope you do too.

For you.....

Once I was supported by them, now I will be their support.
I will perform the duties they performed and maintain the family and it's traditions.
I will preserve my inheritance and make myself worthy of my heritage.*
***Digha Nikaya 31

***For your dad.....

*He should see the body as marked by impermanence, suffering, emptiness and lack of self.
This is wisdom.
But despite his broken body, he should remain in this world of birth and death, bringing benefit to all beings, never surrendering to weariness or disgust.
****Vimalakirti sutra 5

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2008 at 5:21 AM

Dhama, OMG! Such wisdom and understanding. Thank you for sharing. 

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2008 at 6:17 AM

I love those words, dhama.. and i shall take solace in them. so too, i shall read them to my dad.
thanks..
😄

50parsecs ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2008 at 6:58 PM

I would also like to add my prayers, and good wishes for you Erosiaart. I also am a caregiver to
my parents, and my mom's elder sister. May you find peace, happiness, and strength. 😄

rj001 ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 3:42 AM

best wishes and kind thoughts

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

vangogh ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 9:44 AM

Rosie The internet has it's faults and they are many, but it also has a good side too. It has managed to make this huge world a much smaller place and distances much shorter. Thus inabling me to send my wishes for you and your dad's wellbeing hoping that the both of you will find a measure of comfort in the thought that we care about your situation and hope only the best for you and your dad.

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 10:18 AM

Rosie,

All I can add is that my prayers and thoughts are with you also.

A simple quote that I take to heart when things are against the wall -

"Believe the incredible and you can do the impossible."

Graham

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2008 at 2:51 PM
Forum Moderator

My prayers and best wishes are with you and your father.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2008 at 10:41 PM

Rosie, I’m so sorry to hear of your difficult times. A few months ago I lost my mom…my one and only remaining family relative just one week shy of her 82nd birthday. For months I stood by her side and watched her health deteriorate despite my best efforts until finally she was no more. So I have some idea of what you are going through at this time. Ultimately we realize that nature must take its course and it is with heavy heart that we must sometimes relinquish our dearest beloved. We take heart that they are in a better place and suffer not. I offer you and your father my prayers and heartfelt best wishes.

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2008 at 2:26 AM

everytime I sit on the laptop to write a msg of thanks here, i stop. I just dunno how to explain how grateful I feel knowing I've got friends here and how much it means to my dad and me. Your prayers, wishes and sentiments are like rain falling on parched earth.Flowers bloom, in gratitude to the rains, and if i were earth, I'd have bloomed in an abundant of radiant flowers.
Thank you.. from way deeper than the bottom of my heart.
To those who caring for elders, there is a thought that everyone has told me.. whoever you care for, will bless you a thousandfold, and that will carry thru out the rest of your life.
To those lost an elder who was near and dear..i feel your pain. I lost my mom 13 years ago..andit helps thinking of what she'd have done if she was aroudn to see Dad. It also helps to know that they are stars in the sky.. shining down upon you as you sleep, blessing you for being you.
take care..

dhama ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2008 at 3:04 AM · edited Fri, 10 October 2008 at 3:06 AM

I don't know what it's like to care for an elderly person, but my work entails I look after a handicapped woman, so I guess that would be similar. The days when I get anger, frustration and a feeling of helplessness, when she is feeling physical disomfort from bodily functions that don't function correctly, is totally offset when I receive a smile through some small thing I have said or done that makes her feel good, for at least a little while. This is what gives me the strength to carry on in my work........ although I must admit that it doesn't feel like work; it actually feels like I am taking care of myself in many ways.

Here is a little smile for you Rosie..... 😄

Stoner ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 12:28 PM

I´m in there wiyh you. My stephfather had Parkinsons, so I have some experience of that. Although that fact doesn´t help you very much but it can be comforting sometimes to know that others have gone through similar processes in life. There´s an end to everything but there´s also a beginning at every end.

Pass my thoughts on to your dad.

Good spelling is overaytead

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2008 at 8:06 AM

First my prayers are with you .

It is the hardest thing to watch a loved one give up. I too had to take care of my mother the last year of her life and it was almost to much to bear but god gave me the straighth to see it through till the end.

For them to know you are there helps them make the journey to the new begining of their lives. I truely beleive  my mom is now happy and with all who went before. Just know we are here if you need us to help you in anyway you need.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 6:07 AM

thank you everyone... once again, from way below the bottom of my heart.
off to the hospital tomorrow for a few hours..his feet are swollen to the knee.. and is heavy. the medicines which were used to remove the water retention isn't working..the stronger one sends his potassium high. the dr going to try  a 3- 4 hour procedure where they inject the medicines thru drips.
one after the other. looking for a nurse now..
thank you for being around

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 11:47 AM · edited Tue, 14 October 2008 at 11:48 AM

Still praying for both of you Rosie...My heart goes out to you I know its hard to watch someone you love suffer.
My dad died from pancreatic cancer and it was hard on all of us to have to stand by and not be able to do anything other than just be there for him. It makes you feel helpless.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

3eighty ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 11:14 AM

Rosie> You need not feel alone...Their are so many great thoughts and love for you here..When you start to feel sad and alone..touch your right shoulder as we all will be right there..You and your father are blessed to be together during this time..

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 6:40 PM

Even though I am late to see this thread, I would like to say you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Sambucus ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:50 AM

My thoughts and best wishes go out to you, Rosie. I hope the support you get from this forum will help you through.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 8:22 AM

Thinking of you Rosie, (note on your facebook too)

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 6:45 PM

I haven't written in here for some time but when I saw you were having a trying time Rosie I had to write and tell you that I wish you well and hope your fathers pain will be eased by your presence.

Cat

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 5:00 AM
Forum Moderator

Catlin !!!! Where on earth have you been?????? Jeez but it's good to see you.

Gog ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:46 AM

Hey Catlin, nice to know you're still around!

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 4:09 PM

Best wishes to you Rosie. 😄

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 12:23 PM · edited Sat, 15 November 2008 at 12:26 PM

My hopes and prayers be with you! 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.