Mon, Oct 7, 4:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Poser text size

ChrisV ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 12:11 PM ยท edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 4:20 PM

After having to carry out a complete re-install of Win98 from DOS (don't ask!!!), everything is back as it was before except for the text size in on-screen windows within Poser when I save a file, etc. Anybody know how to get the correct text size short of doing yet another complete install, this time of Poser 4?

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 12:19 PM

I've seen this problem come up in these forums a few times. Everytime, that I'm aware of, it was a re-install of Poser that fixed the problem. Other than that, prehaps contact CL tech-support and see if they've found a simpler solution for this.

ChrisV ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2001 at 12:23 PM

Oh well , I guess I'll have to do that then - (B*****!!) One side effect of the present arrangement though, is that when I now save something to a library, the RSR created looks like the default RSR's with shadows as per the default Poser RSR's. Beforehand, when I saved they were over the base screen colour (i.e. plain grey without shadows)! Anybody know why this should have happened? Or was this supposed to have been the proper RSR presentation which didn't happen when I originally installed?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2001 at 3:06 PM

ChrisV- You need to have the mode set to 32 bit color, not 24 or 16, for some reason or other on a PC to get the correct color backgrounds. No idea why!

ChrisV ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 2:32 AM

Ah! So that's the reason. (Another one of the many undocumented quirks in P4) I admit that I did reset the colours level to 32 after installing a new graphics card (the reason I had to reinstall Windows in the first place because I crashed my system!) Many thanks for the clarification!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.