Fri, Oct 4, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Need comfirmation on a V7I issue...Please

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 7:45 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:23 PM

When I change my opengl poly limits the number doesn't stick - it goes back to the default 10,000,000. (no ticket turned in yet)

In addition a lot of the models I have in .3ds format are freezing up V7I solid.  I have to cntrl-alt-del to get out.  Once I import - the working bar completes, but the model never shows up but Vue is still "working" as I obviously can't do anything else.  These items do work in V6I.  I've even tried saving out of 6 as a .vob but the same occurs when opening in 7.  This I have turned a ticket in & supplied a file.

Thanks

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 7:55 PM

My default poly limit is not your number, it's a lot less (500,000). Maybe because of different graphic cards. Anyway, I can change it without any problem, up or down, and it sticks.

I also tried opening several 3DS files, some of them fairly big, and it opens without any problem (and fast too).

I have Vista 64, quadcore, 8GB.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 8:07 PM · edited Wed, 05 November 2008 at 8:08 PM

Hmmm - maybe Vue is smart enough to know the OGL limit??? I had V6I set at 23,000,000...hmmmmm, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The problem with 3ds is sporatic - some import fast - some don't import at all.....I had this same problem when V6I came out.

XP x64/Quad/8g ram/Nvidia 8800 Ultra with 768 OBR.

Thanks

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 8:24 PM

Well color me surprised!!! Support already answered!  They could import it but then they couldn't do anything else with it.....so off to development it goes :)

Phew!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.