Sun, Sep 22, 4:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Cant get my figure in a room

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 6:11 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:33 PM

Ive just bought some of the rooms for DAZ dream house and iam having trouble puting a figure inside the room draging it round the screen seems to be tricky and hit and miss then if i try to add somthing else especially if its small icant find where its been put is there an easier way to do this can i make a figur appear in the room if i load the room first?

Whazizname ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 7:40 AM

I'm unfamiliar with the "Dream House"; but try making the ceiling, and/ or walls invisible while posing your figures, and props. The method I prefer is: select the ceiling, open parameters pallette, un-check visible. You can also open the hierarchy editor, locate ceiling, click the eye icon. After you've completed posing, make the parts visible again. (:

chriscox ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:04 AM · edited Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:05 AM

The rooms for the Dream House are setup to load into a scene in relation to other Dream House rooms, meaning Nearly all the rooms do not load into the center of the scene. 

I think the best thing to do is after loading a room is to reposition it to the center of your scene first.
However, if you are also loading the preloaded furniture for the room you will probably want to load the room, load the furniture, parent the furniture to the room and then reposition the room.

Chris Cox

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:05 AM

sorry I dont think i explained my problem well enough . when you load a figure say victoria 4 she appears in the middle of your view when i load one of the rooms (upstairs rooms in particular)the room is above the figure and "miles" away in another direction the problem im having is then draging victoria 4 in to the room. The same will go for any prop (other than those that come with the dream house) it will load where v4 would start and have to be draged around . So what I realy need to know if the position that somthing is loaded to can be changed or is there a simple way to send v4 into the room thats been loaded?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:07 AM
Online Now!

If I recall, there is a script to center the rooms from Dream House in the scene.  That script may even exist here in the free section.

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:19 AM

Attached Link: Snap To

If there isn't a specific script, try my SnapTo script.  It serves to put a figure or prop on the center of another object.  You'd select Vicky's body, start the script, then click on the floor of the room where you want her. 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:28 AM

Thanks ill give that a try as soon as my current render has finished

IsaoShi ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:31 AM

A more clunky, manual way would be to look up the co-ordinates of the floor of the room you loaded (on the XYZ Transform dials), then apply the same values to your figure's Body actor. That would be quicker than trying to drag her around.

But ockham's script sounds like just the ticket.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:38 AM

Thanks,  I didnt know you could do it like that that certaintly sounds better than draging the figure round

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 10:44 AM

snap to script did the job, thanks very much for that

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.