Sat, Oct 5, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Poser and Psychology

heli232 ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 1:38 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:30 AM

When I am workimg with Poser and I try to get realistic renders, I am in the scene and I get the feeling eyerything around is quiet realistic and and the results are very good.
But sometimes I have to change to do some photo maipulating. And when there are people on the photo I suddenly realise how far more detailed photos are.
Anyone here has a similar experience?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 1:42 PM

the difference may largely be due to the fact that indirect lighting is disabled by default
in FFRender, whereas most of the subtle lighting fx in a photo are caused by indirect lighting.
there is also currently no GUI to allow users to enable indirect lighting in FFRender.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 2:02 PM

There are some kinds of work arounds like IBL (Image Based Lights) where the image itself can me made to be a probe, that can be attached to a light.  Maybe a couple of spot-lights shining here and there can be enough on some images.

Photo details can be replicated to some degree in Poser, depending on what you're doing. and photoshopping of the Poser-made PNG to match the hue and saturation of the photo, and focus of the camera to fit the photo. There are thousands of tricks and details to fit a poser scene to a photo or other image.

When in doubt,  experiment and save under various names until you're satisfied,  ^__^V,,

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 5:43 PM

Oh, sure. Do you know how many polygons reality has?!? :-) 

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 7:43 PM

According to Fractal Geometry, it has nearly infinite polygons, but the really little ones can be ignored. :laugh:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 7:54 PM

As any woman in a relationship will tell you, "Ignore the little things at your own peril!!" :tt2:

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 8:42 PM

Touche'! :lol: As Fractal Mathematicians might put it, "So go the little things, so are they copied in the big things." :laugh: LOLOLOLOLOL No escape, I suppose!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 9:17 PM

And here I thought this was a thread on the effects of Poser and the human psyche LOL!

My Facebook Page

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 10:23 PM

why, seeing unclad women with long sharp objects fighting in religious houses of worship seems perfectly sane to me...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 11:40 PM

Quote - As any woman in a relationship will tell you, "Ignore the little things at your own peril!!" :tt2:

I'm going to try that line on my honey!!!!

About realisam - RL textures and lighting are much more complex then what Poser can do.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 11:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - As any woman in a relationship will tell you, "Ignore the little things at your own peril!!" :tt2:

I'm going to try that line on my honey!!!!

About realisam - RL textures and lighting are much more complex then what Poser can do.

Just don't tell him you heard it from a gay man! 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.