Mon, Sep 16, 12:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Vue 7 is Shipping

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 8:03 AM · edited Sun, 09 November 2008 at 8:05 AM

file_417529.jpg

> Quote - That number is formated in a strange way. Why are there only two digits after the last comma? Fraction of polygons? LOL

That is pretty simple; it run out of digits! When its reached 100,000,000,000. It cut off the last number. 😄

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Rutra ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 8:05 AM

LOL that's interesting!

tbird10 ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 8:08 AM

No, it is just the 'flat' angle, you can just about see some foam around the land/water interface.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 4:44 PM

Don't know if we are going to be lucky enough to get Vue 7 Complete later this month as the newsletter states, on the e-on site it says should be available early December, maybe they are trying to drum up more sales of infinite :) 

For the price rise and the new features I would rather wait for complete, there is nothing in infinite that I would really miss.

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

synergy543 ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 8:30 PM

Quote - That makes sense. With dynamic population, it's populating and rendering. So, the time that you saved by not populating you're now spending on the rendering. There's no free lunch... :-)

In Vue 6 Infinite, population only uses one of my 8-cores; yet rendering uses all 8-cores.

With dynamic population in Vue 7, does it use all 8-cores for population as well?

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 9:26 PM

Quote - For the price rise and the new features I would rather wait for complete, there is nothing in infinite that I would really miss.

Jon, I tend to agree. If it wasn't for the fact I write Python scripts for Vue, I, too, would use Complete. I don't know of anything 'missing' that I typically use.

impish ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 4:57 AM

I'm in the same boat as Chipp - python or python related features are my main reason for going with Infinite this time.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 5:32 AM

Yeah, I use the occasional Python script but don't actually program in Python etc, and apparently Complete can run Python scripts so thats fine for me.

Jon

tess_linn ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 8:45 AM

I am interested to know if the Vue 7 file format is compatible with the old product line. That would make it possible for example, to work in Vue 7 Complete and to make the final render in xStream 6 (with g-buffer information and Piranesi format).

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 9:01 AM

It is not possible to load Vue7 scenes in Vue6.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 11:45 AM · edited Mon, 10 November 2008 at 11:45 AM

I'd be surprised if it worked. Backward compatibility works  (open a Vue6 scene in Vue7), but not the other way around.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 3:44 PM

Could anybody with 7 Complete be so kind post the list of the plants in that version?

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

craftycurate ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 5:24 PM · edited Sat, 27 December 2008 at 5:25 PM
Thelby ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 9:56 PM · edited Sat, 27 December 2008 at 9:57 PM

That is a list of the Vue 7 Infinite Plants and Infinite comes with 90 more plants than
Complete. We will need someone with Complete to tell which plants it came with!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 2:52 AM

If anyone dowloaded the Pioneer beta, it's the same plants.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:16 AM

Bruno, are you sure it's the same? Pioneer has very, very few plants.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 5:30 AM

Quote - If anyone dowloaded the Pioneer beta, it's the same plants.

Pioneer has exactly 13 plants... we should stop considering Pioneer anything more than what it is:a time unlimited, feature crippled, demo.

Bye....

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 10:08 AM

Give me a couple of minutes to type the Complete Plants list - coming soon

Rob

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 10:18 AM

OK, here's the "Complete" List:-

**Aquatic:-
**Anemone
Sea Weed
Anemone 1
Anemone 2
Anemone 3
Anemone 4
Anemone 5

Bushes:-
Dry Bush

**Flowers:-
**Primrose
Red Flowers
Sow Thistle

**Grasses - Plants:-
**Patch of Grass
Carex
Foeniculum
Dry Weeds
Alocasia
Fern
Clivia
Reeds
Small Palm
Tropic
Excellent
Aralia
Papyrus
Ficus
Cactus
Vitex Agnus Castus
Rubber Plant
Zamioculcas
Middle Size Palm
Bamboo
Small Grassfield Plant
Spring Hollyhock

Prehistoric:-
Cycade Tree

**Sci-Fi:-
**Chameleon's Carrot
Booba Fingers
Parrot's Thistle
Red Bottle Fern
Red Devil's Flipper
Z-Megaspore
Chroma Palm
Odd Fantasy Tree
Fuzzy Twins Tree
Giant Blossom Tree
Alien E3 - Mussafa
Alien F1 - Pikaka

**Trees:-
**Dead Tree
Fir Tree
Plum Tree
Large Dead Tree
Winter Pear Tree
Summer Cherry Tree
Fall Cherry Tree
Blossoming Cherry Tree
Rural Maple Tree
Yellow Maple Tree
Red Maple Tree
Umbrella Acadia
Springtime White Birch
Mexican Palm Tree
Coconut Tree
Old Eucalyptus Tree
Baobab Tree
HD Larch Tree - Autumn
HD Larch Tree - Summer
HD Lime Tree - Autumn
HD Lime Tree
Plum Tree - Autumn
Walnut - Autumn
Plum Tree - Winter
Walnut - Winter

Hope this of use

Rob

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 10:47 AM

That's the list without turning off the C3D ghost items.
Once you hide the C3D items, the list is a lot shorter (13 items as mentioned by alexcoppo) :-

Red Coral
Dry Bush
Patch of Grass
02fReed
Tropic
Cactus
Chameleon's Carrot
Booba Fingers
Z-Megaspore
Dead Tree
Plum Tree
Springtime White Birch
Coconut Tree

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 11:03 AM

Therefore Complete has LESS plants than 6 Pro out of the box ? How does this measure with E-On OFFICIAL CLAIM of 70+ plants ?

...hmm, things are starting to look even worse than my darkest predictions about price tag and functionalities.

Bye :sad:

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 12:32 PM

Are you sure that Vue 7 Complete only comes with 13 plants? I think there is some confusion here, the comparision chart says Pioneer comes with 10+ which is correct. 

Vue 7 Complete comes with 70+ plants. 

Jon

forester ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 12:47 PM

Looks like the lowest version of Vue 7 is dead equivalent to Bryce - latest version.

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 1:13 PM

Wait a minute, nruddock - I already turned off the Cornucopia ghost items. Did you install the content "CD"?

• Screenshots on the way.  (give me a couple of minutes, I'm eating my evening meal on the side, and am hungry!!! :-)

Rob

Thelby ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 1:15 PM

According to E-on, Vue 7 Esprit, Pro Studio and Complete come with the 70+ plants, SO, the list provided by "TH" Rob is Correct. Thanks for that Information Rob.

AS far Vue Pioneer being like Bryce, well it is competing for that market of users that have felt Betrayed once again with their software and I assume that ANY of the Bryce users that give Vue Pioneer a try will be 100% Sold Out and leave Bryce behind,..................................................... I know I did and I am not alone on that sentiment!!!

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 1:19 PM

lol !!!!!!!!!!!   I just tried to make a couple of screenshots with Corel Capture - it crashed both apps! :-) 
OK, will try with Windows Screenshot....

Rob

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 1:26 PM

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 1:28 PM

.... and with ghost items:-

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 1:33 PM
  • and that's just the aquatic subsection. But I think that's enough to prove the point. I listed exactly what I downloaded when I bought Complete.

Rob

P.S. Dinner tasted good!! :-)

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 1:44 PM

No screenshots are showing mate, try hosting them on photobucket or something and linking to them.

Jon

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 2:18 PM

Sorry Jon, it's nothing to do with you, but I'm not really interested in taking the effort to find somewhere to post them that I will probably never use again. I can see the screenshots here in the thread, am I the only one? What I posted was only to demonstrate that I know how to switch the ghost items on and off. My list is what I got with Vue7 Complete, has nothing to do with Cornucopia's list of items that they would like to sell me. Trust me. :-)

Rob

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 2:25 PM

I can't see 'em either

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Thelby ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 2:29 PM

Me 3!!! But that's OK cause I know what you are saying is correct and there are 70+ plant in Esprit, Pro Studio and Complete.

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 2:56 PM

then I don't see what I am doing wrong! clicked on the icon to insert a picture, wrote the path to the screenshot, saw the preview, and posted.... shrug - and I can see the screenshots, even after clearing all temporary data in my (Internet Explorer 6) Browser. Sorry

• thanks Thelby, but it would still interest me what I am doing wrong

In the meantime, try here:-
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1805284

Rob

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:00 PM

As some confusion (mine I guess) seems to have crept in, I listed the 13 plants you get with Pioneer (which was what I thought the question was).

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:07 PM

no problem! :-)

• can I delete the screenshot in my gallery????

Rob

P.S. I still don't know what I did wrong in trying to post the screenshots - if anyone can tell me I'd be very grateful! (you never know when it might come in useful in the future)

Rob

Rutra ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:16 PM

TH, to include an image in a post you have to click on "Browse", next to "Attach a file", point to your image and that's it. The image must be less than 200KB (or is it 250KB? I'm not sure).

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:45 PM

Rutra, many thanks for your reply. Both of them were over 250Kb. Here's one reduced to 92Kb. Can you see it?

Rob

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:52 PM

Still can't see it.

Jon

Rutra ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:52 PM

No...
Did you use the "browse" button, like I said?

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 4:29 PM

file_420729.jpg

ummmm.... Rutra.... like this??? :-) (if it comes out ok this time, then THANKS )

Thelby ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 4:32 PM

SO you actually only get the top 7 of the 'Anemone 5', Hmmm Inticing devils aren't they???

Thelby ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 4:33 PM

Can you show us the 'Trees' ???

TH ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 4:42 PM

file_420730.jpg

Thelby, that was the top 7 of "Aquatic" - look at the left side to see the collections Trees??? ok, I'll try not to look at the woods.....

Thelby ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 4:44 PM

Oh, OK, THanks and the trees, well I have most of those already. Shame really, but that is the way it goes. Thanks for the info and all the work, it is Much Appreciated I assure you!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.