Tue, Oct 22, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Poser Movie To DVD?

beos53 ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2008 at 8:53 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:52 AM

I am making a movie (just a figure singing) in Poser
When I do the final renders of my images what render size should I use (I already have it set up for 720x540 with a safe area for TV
Is the quality good if I render them at 720x540 and then take them into Adobe add music and  finalize the movie
I hope I made my self clear
Steve

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2008 at 11:12 PM

One problem that you'll encounter isn't just the dimensions but more the pixel aspect ratio.

Computers use a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio.  Standard TV is 4:3 and High-Definition TV is 16:9.  This is the x:y pixel size - that is, on a computer, pixels are square whereas on TV they are some rectangle.  I don't think Poser's renderer can compensate for aspect ratio.  "Constrain Aspect Ratio" only pertains to the render dimension not the pixels.

On the actual dimensions,  you'll need to determine the target audience.  NTSC (US) and PAL (Europe) standards use different screen dimensions.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 12:22 AM

kuroyume0161: thank you for the reply
I forgot to add in my thread, when I take the movie into Adobe or Virtualdub I will resize it to 720x480, I think that should get real close to limited stretching on the TV
,but I am not sure about the quality

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 12:49 AM

As long as you are rendering from Poser as single frame images at at least 30 fps, you should be good.  Most video (TV, movie, DVD, etc.) is at around 29.97 fps (making 30 fps close enough for conversion).  It is better to render the frames as single images because you are not involved with formats or compression issues (esp. mpeg-ing).  This provides the most control.  And Adobe After Effects and Premiere both work with these easily.

AE and Premiere can compensate for aspect ratio, but it can get tricky.  When I did renders for a DVD intro-outro in Cinema 4D, I set the aspect ratio in the renders there (the renders looked stretched on the computer) but the results out to TV were perfect (using Pinnacle DV500 for TV output preview).  So, you'll have to find some way to verify your results in that respect without having to produce the entire thing.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 12:59 AM

Thank you. I will render out images and then let premiere do the rest
which did you render out in png or tiff?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 2:17 AM

TIFF

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

beos53 ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 1:01 AM

Thank you I use tiff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.