Tue, Oct 22, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: OT: Want some weeeeeeeeeeeeird inspiration?

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2008 at 9:00 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:27 AM

Attached Link: Oakland Dream Movie

In 1924 the Oakland Tribune held a contest, asking readers to send in detailed descriptions of dreams.   Each week the best dream would be *turned into a movie.*   Only one of the movies has been preserved....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 12:32 AM

What a cool idea!

They'd never have made a movie of my dreams.  LOL

Now, if only my dialup were fast enough to DL this.  :(

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 1:03 AM

That was pretty good
That URL address is one of my favorite for all the old radio programs

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 10:40 AM

that was great!  too bad it's the only one left.

a film of my dreams would definitely require some serious CG.  i suspect Vue or Terragen would be necessary to account for the seaside, underwater and outer space scenes.

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 11:15 AM

Incidentally, Google Street View shows that the house in the film was
actually the address of the woman who wrote in with the dream.  It's
still there, still looks as good as new. 
Most likely the man, woman and baby were also the actual people,
not actors.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

dorkmcgork ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:11 PM

i wouldn't call that shocking or anything but it was nicely weird.  and what a bloody great idea! 

i didn't know that they made a movie of the life story of britney spears.  :lol:

go that way really fast.
if something gets in your way
turn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.