Fri, Sep 20, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Possible Vue 4 order problem

Solar384 ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2001 at 1:32 PM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

Hi! I apologize for my first post being of this nature, but I feel it needs to be addressed so that none of you find yourself in this situation. I've been very excited about the release of Vue4. I got the freebie Vue2 on CA mag a couple of months back and fell in love. I almost ordered Vue 3.1, but held off till I could get Vue4. I preordered Vue4 from the E-On website on the 18th. I received my conformation email and all was good. Please be aware that this may be completely unrelated to my Vue 4 order! I'm making this assumption based on the following... Today, I got an urgent call from my credit card company about unusual activity on my card. They tell me that multiple attempts were made to charge my card from an overseas location around 4AM this morning. The attempted charge was $206.70. The name of the company trying to charge me was "Management Consolidation". I think that's the name. I was pretty stressed on the phone since I was afraid my card had been stolen at the time. Anyway, I narrowed it down to most probably being my purchase of Vue4. I actually thought my card had been charged last week and my copy was in route by now, but E-On has yet to charge me and this amount closely matches the price $189 freebie Vue2 upgrade plus $16 shipping UPS ground = $205. The extra $1.70 could be processing fees of some sort. I have made no other charges on the card in the past month except a couple to Daz3D and the store here. Those are accounted for on my last statement. This card stays in my computer desk and I only use it for internet purchases. So you understand how I was in fear of being net-scammed. Anyway, according to my credit card company, due to the "way" my card was attempted to be charged, it was blocked. They have advised me, for security, to close the account and reopen with a new number. I did contact E-On, but they were unable to tell me the status of my order or the name of the company that handles their credit card processing. I was promised an email with all the info. He did say something about the charge may be from the European division. That's when I felt pretty sure it was my Vue4 order. My guess is that whoever tried to charge me for my purchase, did so in a way that through up a red flag to my CC company. They blocked the charge and contacted me personally. I've bought lot's of stuff over the net and never had a prob. Beleive me, it's very scary to get a call about "unusual activity" on you credit card. I'm off from work today and planned on "camping" for the UPS guy, but instead, I've been on the phone all morning trying to straighten out this mess. My credit card's been blocked and then canceled and it looks like my Vue4 order in limbo. Once again, please forgive me for my first post being such a "downer". I hope to soon be the proud owner of Vue4. In the meantime, I look forward to following this forum and the gallery. This is a great community and I hope to be a part. BTW... If anyone here can shed any light on this, please do. Thanks!

Lynn ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2001 at 8:23 PM

Lynn here, with some light to shed... I cannot say if this original charge was from our processing company or not, however his Vue 4 order was blocked by his credit card company. e-on's ordering is processed through our European office (why the 4 AM charge I suspect), and I suspect that this threw up a red light because many credit card companies flag ANY order that originates overseas if it isnt a fairly common occurance on the credit card history. So how to avoid a mess like this if your credit card company is euro-sensitive? You can order by check or money order through our Oregon office (which is where we are). Or you can visit our friends like Daz or DVDirect and buy from them. Its pretty rare that we get this so chances are you wont experience it. Best regards, Lynn Fredricks e-on software US Business Unit

hein ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 12:53 PM

As far as I could see since Vue 4 started shipping Vue 3 was removed from the software section of the DAZ store.Till now it hasn't been replaced by Vue 4.

Solar384 ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 2:17 PM

Yeah, I haven't seen it on Daz yet. It IS available at DVDirect and if your have concerns about possible credit card probs, that's a a good alternative... unless you're upgrading.

Solar384 ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 2:30 PM

I gotta say thanks to Lynn. She's been in touch and helped me work through this. I'll have my copy soon. :)

jas1746 ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 6:09 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about. When I ordered Vue 3.1 my bank denied the charges. This was due to some security protocol dealing with transactions outside of the United States. Unless the card is actually present, they simply deny the charges. A phone call to my favorite bank employee down there removed the block and the transactions was allowed.

keithw ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2001 at 11:41 AM

Thanks to all for the information. When the same thing happened to me last night, I knew what was going on. My credit card company's computer flagged the european purchase and gave me a call. I explained I made an online software purchase from a company located in france. Thats all it took to clear it up. It sure is nice to have a forum that keeps us updated on all sorts of problems and solutions Keith

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.