Sat, Sep 21, 5:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Film versus digital, the debate rages on

RJH ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 1:42 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:43 PM

Attached Link: http://www.extremetech.com

There is a interesting artical on one of the Ziff davis site I will include the link. It is informative as it gets into the makeup of film and all that stuff

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 1:59 PM

I'm a purest when it comes to photography. I've used really good quality digital cameras, but i find with them you have to spend a lot of time in photoshop to get the colours right, etc. Also, I only use black and white 35mm film on a regular camera. Pretty much the only thing i found the digital of use for (for me that is) wwas shooting my portfolio of art and shyte, where I am willing to take the 45 minutes per picture to make things look JUUUUUSSST right, and then print it out at 300dpi on Epson Photo Quality Glossy paper. As for any other photography, the darkroom is my best friend. ry

nplus ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 2:51 PM

one cool thing about digital, is that it has an extended red lightwave sensitivity. So if you shoot digital black and white, it can have SIMILAR results to infrared film. Although this probably depends on the digital camera used.

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 3:04 PM

nothing beats the digital sony cams that when the have the night filter on in daylight, they can see through thin women's clothing. ry

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 3:31 PM

nplus--there are a number of people using an IR filter and getting wonderful results. Try www.dpreview.com and maybe the 'samples and galleries' forum and search. One of the guys I was corresponding with earlier about alternative 'fine art' papers for our Epsons does infrared--but I don't have his URL. Slynky, I sort of disagree with you about color. That's 'what I do'--colorist, so to speak. My Canon generally gets it right on--has some problems with red--you sometimes need to do some exposure compensation, but I generally don't have to tweak colors if I want just realistic--I spend time playing in graphics apps for other effects or 'dramatic' effects most of the time unless I just want to alter exposure, things like that. The new generation of Canons, Nikons, et.al. are really quite wonderful with color.

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 3:37 PM

I was only expressing my albeit limited experience. Still, gimme a nikon FM10 any day

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.