Tue, Oct 22, 2:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How ro correct wrong type .mat file for Bryce...?

artnik ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 5:57 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:20 AM

Whenever I D/L any Bryce .mat file, instead of a Bryce icon, I've been getting the Microsoft Office ,mat file which has nothing to do with Bryce at all.  When it's clicked, it goes to the Office program as a MS Access Table file. How can I get this back to being a Bryce file, short of removing that section of Office altogether? I don't think I can just install it in Bryce as is.

I checked and there doesn't seem to be any icon for the Bryce .mat files anymore in the system, so I can't redo the icon to correct it. Does anyone have any ideas?  Has anyone had this problem? Thank you for any help.😕

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 7:27 PM

The file association shouldn't matter - I've never had a problem with Bryce importing a .mat file like you describe.
And double clicking a .mat file won't install it (as far as I know).

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 7:53 PM · edited Tue, 18 November 2008 at 7:56 PM

XP or Vista:
-Right click on icon -> Properties -> 'General' tab -> Opens with (hit the 'Change' button)
-Select Bryce from the list of Programs.
Gives you a pretty Brycesque Icon for your .mat files.😄

For 'installing' .mat files; I've always just dragged the file(s) into folders in the 'PresetsMaterials' folder of Bryce directly with explorer. Only time I use the internal system is to combine several .mat files into one big collection, or to split a big one into several smaller collections.

EDIT - running a .mat file from Windows will not help you...

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

artnik ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2008 at 5:19 AM

When I click on properties all I get is the General tab period, no other tabs show up. If I can still install the .mat files, the usual way, even though the icon is wrong, at least they' ll go in. That was my main concern. Even the  .mat files in the program, have the wrong icon type. They still seem to work. So I'll see what happens. Thanx for your suggestions.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2008 at 6:43 AM

yeah, it's just a label. I have Access on my machine, so that's why it shows up that way. Doesn't seem to hurt anything in Bryce.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2008 at 4:59 PM

Yeah , it's irritating though.  I had this happen - did manage to fix it, unfortunately I can't remember how and I'm about 4 new PC's further on - or hard drives or motherboards.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.